Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Re: The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    The Crusades began as a defensive response to an ever-increasing onslaught of Muslim (moorish) barbarism and violence. It was akin to saying "this far but no further".
    It went downhill after that, becoming a slaughterfest on both sides, supposedly "justified" by religious leadership at the time. Don't get me started on Papism.

It could also be traced back to Ishmael, son of Abraham.
    Regardless of when the conflicts in Mesopotamia started, they continue to this day because there is no earthly way to end it. We cannot stop the ocean, but if we find a way to stem the tide we can live in relative peace a little longer. I did a thing, there. It's early (for me) and I'm off for five days so my sleep schedule is whacked.

And to respond to another poster's question, yes and no. Most people in central Ohio are a-holes only when pushed beyond their tolerable limits. I've been beyond mine for just slightly over four years. Perhaps I should take time to reflect and consider changing my online persona to be a bit more like I am on the outside.
    The Crusades was a Catholic Church sanctioned war to regain Jerusalem. Possibly the first western meddling, but definitely not the last.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Brother you are talking to a brick wall.. he is a hillary liberal and feels she and obama are gold. Don't blister your fingers trying to convince him... It's gotten to the point that I try not to respond to him.
    I honestly don't give a rats ass about hillary. I have never stated that either one is gold. And being liberal is not a bad thing. Just to clear things up.
    No response needed.

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The Crusades was a Catholic Church sanctioned war to regain Jerusalem. Possibly the first western meddling, but definitely not the last.
    Smart fellow up there^^^
    The pope ordered the first of nine official holy crusades against Islam. There were several lesser campaigns as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

There has almost always been a group of radicals in the middle east. To blame ISIS on one or two people is rather short sighted. You could go all the way back to the Crusades for western interference in middle eastern business as a possible starting point. You really can't just go back a few years and say it all started there. And don't forget. the Bush's had there fingers in the middle eastern pie as well. I'm not saying Obama and Hillary are innocent, but they aren't the only ones to blame for the mess in the middle east.
    Had Obama not pulled our troops out of Iraq, against the advice of military intelligence(I know that's an oxymoron), there would not have been a void that ISIS in Iraq filled. As for Hillary, if the assumption that the State Department was running weapons to the rebels in Syria is true, the rebels that the weapons were going to was the beginning of ISIS in Syria.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I honestly don't give a rats ass about hillary. I have never stated that either one is gold. And being liberal is not a bad thing. Just to clear things up.
    No response needed.
    What you have posted previously to this discussion in this thread does not support what you are now saying.

Let's get all this shit out before the holiday. Thanksgiving sucks enough without political arguments ruining an already dry, flavorless turkey.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

I think y'all need to start a political thread, this isn't random thoughts at this point.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Can't wait to see the news tomorrow night to find out who shot, stabbed, punched or kicked a family member, because of the political argument at dinner..........

BTW my bird will be tender and juicy thanks to the marinade, and fried to a golden brown!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    I think y'all need to start a political thread, this isn't random thoughts at this point.
    Actually there is one on the election results and those protesting it.

Trump Protesters - the joke's on them

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    sounds like someone doesn't know how to cook turkey
    I make a great turkey. I'm not hosting though. Also I don't like thanksgiving in general. Five meals filled with people I'd rather not talk to filled with conversations nobody wants to have.