Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

her sister could not get it to work...

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Re: her sister could not get it to work...

Had a customer call once that their fax machine jammed every time. They had torn the sides off of tractor feed paper, but hadn't separated the sheets.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

My avatar says what I feel.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Seam side down! DUH?

This Space For Rent 100+ Posts JimHegs's Avatar

I have seen this in real life. Back in the day we had a rep propose a Mita DC-5590 (two 550 sheet drawers) to a customer and ended up getting them a better deal on a DC-6090 (three 500 sheet drawers). I installed the machine in a room slightly larger that a coat closet and all was well. I get called out there two days later for a drawer code and practically have to move the machine out of the room to get to the manual drawer releases on the back of the machine behind the wast toner box. All the ladies were happy I could get the drawer open and what do I see but two unopened reams of paper. I say, "Ladies, WTF?" and they say they really wanted the machine with only two drawers and when they asked our rep what to do with the extra drawer he said they could just store paper there until the other drawers ran out so that's what they did but hey just didn't think they needed to unwrap it.
    Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JimHegs

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

First time I saw this in the field, the customer defended his action.

me...Master Sargent, who put this in here.
    MS...I did.
    me... did it occur to you to take the wrapper off?
    MS... Hey, there was a code on it and when I put that in there, it went away.
    me...Bullshit! You don't have a clue about this copier do you?
    MS...No, not really.
    me...Think maybe you can round me up a young private I can make the copier person?
    MS...Thats a great idea.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    First time I saw this in the field, the customer defended his action.

me...Master Sargent, who put this in here.
    MS...I did.
    me... did it occur to you to take the wrapper off?
    MS... Hey, there was a code on it and when I put that in there, it went away.
    me...Bullshit! You don't have a clue about this copier do you?
    MS...No, not really.
    me...Think maybe you can round me up a young private I can make the copier person?
    MS...Thats a great idea.
    I believe this without a doubt...this past weekend we were out on the range and the weapon I was issued the front site is seized up. So go to my squad leader, and he sends me to the supply sgt (E6),who's sitting in a van with the a/c on in texas heat watching us shoot. He sends me to some Private who looks at it and tells me to go talk to some SPC who does machine work in the civvy world. By now I'm pissed off getting the run around and ask who the hell the armorer is. Now a lieutenant hears me so of course they gotta get all up involved in this. Turns out the PVT is the armorer but not the right kind of armorer, and the SPC was no help as well, so now the LT is pissed cuz she's running this range without someone who can fix weapons. I went back to my squad leader and he asked me how it went. I told him straight up "Sgt no offense don't send me to an NCO. Send me to the lower enlisted person who does that NCO's job or let me do it myself, because you all are smashed in the head with bricks and made brain dead prior to your promotion."
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."