Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Life Sucks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Re: Life Sucks

Karen Epstein Fusco has reported on Pauls Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pgelsman?fref=hovercard

Friends of Paul, it is with great sadness that we must share news of Paul's death. He passed away on Wednesday, August 13, 2014. He will be missed by many, and his Facebook page will be kept open as a memorial to the life he lived. We invite you to join us in honoring Paul with your favorite stories and memories of your times together.

For those in Philadelphia, we will be having a graveside service on Sunday, August 17th, and will be sitting shiva after. If you are interested in attending either the service or shiva, please send a private message to Karen Epstein Fusco for the times and addresses.
    With love,
    Karen

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Karen Epstein Fusco has reported on Pauls Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pgelsman?fref=hovercard

Friends of Paul, it is with great sadness that we must share news of Paul's death. He passed away on Wednesday, August 13, 2014. He will be missed by many, and his Facebook page will be kept open as a memorial to the life he lived. We invite you to join us in honoring Paul with your favorite stories and memories of your times together.

For those in Philadelphia, we will be having a graveside service on Sunday, August 17th, and will be sitting shiva after. If you are interested in attending either the service or shiva, please send a private message to Karen Epstein Fusco for the times and addresses.
    With love,
    Karen
    Wow, so sad! Condolences to Paul's family!
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Sorry we never got a chance to have that beer my friend. You'll be missed. I wish I had called you just the other day like I wanted too. R.I.P sir and may god be with you.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Holy shit. This was the third of the celebrity deaths in threes. He was our celebrity. Wow... RIP.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Life Sucks

A VERY, VERY sad day indeed.
    He was a very good man, whom I only knew due to the power of the internet, but at least I got the opportunity to exchange some messages and good-natured banter.

RIP Paul. You'll be deeply missed.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

When someone you know passes without warning, it is a reminder to the rest of us to tell your friends how much you appreciate them, and tell loved ones how much you love them...while you still can. If you are a member of Paul's family reading this, you should know he was a beloved fixture of this site. He had a lot of friends here.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Unhappy Re: Life Sucks

F'n SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone on this site realizes that after his heart surgery he still did his best to supply us with all the information he could.

He stood up for himself and gained a lot of followers by just being himself.
    I loved his sense of humor (Once we PM'd a bit), his Alfred E Newman in Joker makeup avatar and his stepping up and helping any way he could.

You will be sorely missed my one friend I never met but enjoyed messing and talking with.

You will be sorely missed!

You need worry no more.

All my condolences to your family.

I agree that if Anurism can set up a fund for his family on site, I am sure a lot will contribute.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Life Sucks

In Paul's memory I am going to post these test charts that I got from him years ago. He could be damn generous. My condolences to his family and friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Test Charts #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

Only just seen the posts about Paul's passing and totally shocked, I just don't get on here as much anymore.

I only had a small interaction with him on the manuals side but when in the forums was always on the look out for some of the inevitable threads where you thought "Oh wait till Paul sees this..." and ineveratbly he did and it was popcorn time! But whatever happened he always came across to me as fair and as someone who wanted to help.

The forum isn't going to be the same without him. RIP Paul.
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer

Let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.