Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Sucks

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Life Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    Yes, I know I have to make some major changes in my lifestyle. I quit smoking on Sunday morning. 45 years a smoker. I hear walking is the best thing for me and I guess I'll have to cut out bacon and all those foods that are bad for me as well. We're going to meet the surgeon on Thursday morning.

Paul
    Re quit smoking .
    My father in-law smoked for 35 years, he went down to the shops and bought two tins of tabaco.
    When he returned home he placed both tins on top of the refridgerator in full view; turned to his wife and I said ,"that is the last time I will ever smoke again." He's now 82 years old and fine for his age. He told everyone that "while ever he had tabaco in the house he didn't feel the urge to smoke." His psychology must have worked, he hasn't had a smoke for some 25-30 odd years...

People sometimes ask me do you smoke, I say "only when I don't use vasoline or KY jell".... ... old joke....sorry...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Thumbs up Re: Life Sucks

Yes, I know I have to make some major changes in my lifestyle. I quit smoking on Sunday morning. 45 years a smoker. I hear walking is the best thing for me and I guess I'll have to cut out bacon and all those foods that are bad for me as well. We're going to meet the surgeon on Thursday morning.

Paul
    that΄s great to hear, just relax from now on, walk a lot and smell the flowers and do like kei9tha said, don΄t cut completely, learn to enjoy the best of it once in a while and compensate for it, a little good bacon today a little bigger walk on a great place tomorrow every weekend i try to go for a drive and walk a little somewhere nice and the US has many beautiful little cities inviting to a walk around, from now on your life quality will improve
    Life is a learning continuum...

As many have said, this is almost "routine" and nothing to worry about...but I can understand why you might worry anyway. Don't beat yourself up about feeling a little anxious every now and then, but try to focus on the outcome: A fitter, healthier you!

Let us all know how you are doing after the big day.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Life Sucks

We're all behind you Paul. Good luck, and keep us posted. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Paul,

I think you are more scared of just having surgery than you are of the particular surgery. Don't let worry you. Not having the surgery would be the thing to worry about.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Paul,

I think you are more scared of just having surgery than you are of the particular surgery. Don't let worry you. Not having the surgery would be the thing to worry about.
    Paul I agree with slimslob, not having it would be the thing to worry 'bout. Unfortunately the haven't invented Drano for the human blood stream yet...........So have the surgery so you can get back to doing what you do best!!!!!!!!!!!! Selling manuals
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Life Sucks

You really need someone to post as soon as you get out of surgery to let us all know you are OK.

Pulling for you and concerned for your welfare.

You will be OK.

Never give up, never surrender!
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

I just came back from meeting the surgeon. I'm having the surgery on Tuesday May 6. The no-smoking is going well and I'm scared shitless. But we liked the Dr. with his cowboy boots and suede jacket. ( WHAT ; you didn't mention a 10 gallon hat ) I have full faith and confidence in him.

Thank you all for the good wishes.

Paul
    Congratulations on the NO-SMOKE situation ( I know from experience that is a tough one ) !

It's OK to be scared , any of us would be ; but , that faith you spoke about will get you through .
    Besides , all of here on CTN are praying for you and KNOW that you will be able to handle this .

P.S.
    Now that you are dealing in some Medical STUFF .... you may be able to add some health or medical manuals to your site .
    A lot of us could use the HEALTH manuals ........

Good Luck Paul !
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Technician 500+ Posts

Hey Paul,

I had surgery once, and only once. In my case, my choices were surgery or probably die. Well, I chose surgery. Was I scared? HELL YES!!! Anyone who would say otherwise is either a liar or not all there.

You will be fine. Go in there, get the surgery, kick back and enjoy the being waited on. Oh, I almost forgot, you get good meds while your there to. Were praying for you.

Give us a post when you are laying around after the surgery. Oh, I forgot, you will be high (legally). Have someone else do it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Life Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    Oh, I forgot, you will be high (legally). Have someone else do it.
    It might be more interesting if he does it himself.