Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MH17

i m from Malaysia, I m very sad about mh17 and mh370.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: MH17

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    Two Malaysia Airlines planes in a few months... Our countries are in this together, that's for sure!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    A double tragedy indeed for Malaysia. My sincere condolence to the families of all those who lost their loved ones in these tragedies.
    As for Putin's attending the G20 summit in Brisbane, I can bet he will!!! As Debs has said, we are indeed living in a cruel world! The world will soon forget about this tragedy and move on with business as usual. I believe the west has a lot to lose by imposing economic sanctions on Russia or not inviting Russia to attend that summit. Putin knows this, he is a very cunning man, a true product of the KGB school; Russia is not some third world or developing country that can easily be manipulated with threats of sanctions.

Putin is going to give the West a lot of headache as long as he is in charge of that country, and the earlier the west learn to do business with him the better.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MH17

There was one woman who had it worse than anyone involving planes recently. She lost her sister-in-law and brother in the disappearance of MH370 and her step-daughter in MH17. Source: Kaylene Mann, Australian Woman, Loses Family In Both Malaysian Plane Crashes

This is just a tragedy. None of those people had to die, but someone wanted a large chunk of dirt with imaginary lines drawn on it.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    There was one woman who had it worse than anyone involving planes recently. She lost her sister-in-law and brother in the disappearance of MH370 and her step-daughter in MH17. Source: Kaylene Mann, Australian Woman, Loses Family In Both Malaysian Plane Crashes

This is just a tragedy. None of those people had to die, but someone wanted a large chunk of dirt with imaginary lines drawn on it.
    The UN-Rights chief Navy Pillay calls it a possible war crime, but I highly doubt if the perpetrators of this heinous act will ever be brought to justice, let alone being arrested. I vividly remember how the 1983 downing of the Korean jetliner over soviet territory in which over 290 people perished. It caused a lot of uproar then across the world. Was any body ever brought to justice over the issue? It was during the 'cold war' era, and Soviet Union was a super power nation then. After their MIG fighter jets shot down the Korean jetliner, their explanation was that it was flying over a militarily sensitive area, and that they tried to communicate with the pilot on all internationally known frequencies and language but all in vain! That they had no choice but to down the aircraft.
    Hopefully this time someone will be held accountable.

MH17

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    The UN-Rights chief Navy Pillay calls it a possible war crime, but I highly doubt if the perpetrators of this heinous act will ever be brought to justice, let alone being arrested. I vividly remember how the 1983 downing of the Korean jetliner over soviet territory in which over 290 people perished. It caused a lot of uproar then across the world. Was any body ever brought to justice over the issue? It was during the 'cold war' era, and Soviet Union was a super power nation then. After their MIG fighter jets shot down the Korean jetliner, their explanation was that it was flying over a militarily sensitive area, and that they tried to communicate with the pilot on all internationally known frequencies and language but all in vain! That they had no choice but to down the aircraft.
    Hopefully this time someone will be held accountable.
    What about Iran air flight 655 (1988) where the US shot down an Iranian civilian plane? Nobody got punished for that, but they admitted some fault and shelled out money to the victim's families. Too much lack of consequence for those who have a few billion to burn...

What about Iran air flight 655 (1988) where the US shot down an Iranian civilian plane? Nobody got punished for that, but they admitted some fault and shelled out money to the victim's families. Too much lack of consequence for those who have a few billion to burn...
    Well, as we can see, the mh17 tragedy is not an isolated incident; these things do happen, after a brief period of mourning, the world goes on as if nothing has happened, business as usual, a cruel world indeed!
    At least the US had the courtesy to 'admit some fault and compensated the victim's families'. Late Gadaffi of Libya was forced to pay families of the Lockerbie bombing. As for the mh17, we are still waiting for someone to 'claim responsibility for the attack', possible apology and compensation of the victim's families.

MH17

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    As for the mh17, we are still waiting for someone to 'claim responsibility for the attack', possible apology and compensation of the victim's families.
    As past experience has taught us, this is a very unlikely scenario. Presently it's a giant blame game and it doesn't look like it'll be resolved any time soon. Coupled with the fact that even if someone gets punished, it very likely will not be the person most deserving of punishment.

As past experience has taught us, this is a very unlikely scenario. Presently it's a giant blame game and it doesn't look like it'll be resolved any time soon. Coupled with the fact that even if someone gets punished, it very likely will not be the person most deserving of punishment.
    I totally agree with you brother, that most likely its the 'small fish' that will be punished, if at all; while the real culprit...the 'big fish' behind the attack will walk away Scot free!