Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Solution to clean copier machine.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Now i miss my Commadore 64
    Yep put a program cassette in (rolls of magnetic film y-gen) and go make a sandwich and a cup of coffee while it loads the computer program.

I like my old Z80 (Ziolog 80 2mhz CPU ) chip set. CP/M operating system. A lot faster load and run times than the commodore 64. I still have BASIC and Assembler programs laying around here from those old machines. I've thrown a lot of software out though.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

I wonder how repeatable they are. i can get broken ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yep put a program cassette in (rolls of magnetic film y-gen) and go make a sandwich and a cup of coffee while it loads the computer program.

I like my old Z80 (Ziolog 80 2mhz CPU ) chip set. CP/M operating system. A lot faster load and run times than the commodore 64. I still have BASIC and Assembler programs laying around here from those old machines. I've thrown a lot of software out though.
    Sorry the spellcheck screwed with me. How easy do you think it would be to fix a broken commadore 64. I can get a couple of broken ones.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Solution to clean copier machine.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'll confirm that. I was working with this smart gentleman that mixed up a concoction of bleach and ammonia, and provided it to me to use as a wax floor stripper. Like an idiot I went along with his plan. The fumes burned my lungs, and I couldn't breath very well for two weeks. The mixture was strong enough that it melted all the pattern off my brand new Converse All-Stars.

As a result of that event, I have a really bad physical reaction to anything that smells remotely like ammonia. =^..^=
    Dish detergents have ammonia, so be careful.
    Ammonia and bleach make a toxic gas. Very dangerous.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Sorry the spellcheck screwed with me. How easy do you think it would be to fix a broken commadore 64. I can get a couple of broken ones.
    Repair guide here at Ray Carlsen

Ray Carlsen's Home Page

Owner/Tech/Sales/Crazy 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRISTIAN MULLER View Post
    Hello guys, I had some machines MP C2551 with exterior covers yellow in some parts, In brazil this covers cost like 300,00 R$, something like 120 US$, i've heard about a solution that includes some hydrogen peroxide mixed with ammonia.anyone know about it?how amount I use of each one?.

thanks.
    Hi ,

Hydrogene peroxide (in Portuguese Agua Oxigenada) and UV light .

The most economical is to go to the pharmacy and purchase Hydrogen Peroxide (5-6%) solution , spread on the cover , cover with a thin paper tisue (to keep it moistened) and put in the sun for 30-60 minutes. Wash with water ... Note the the cover will get yellow again in the future.

More expensive solution , Hair bleaching solution and a UV-A lamp ( The UV laugh must work on a frequency of 300-350 nanometers) .

or check the site : http://www.retr0bright.com

Good luck ,

Leonardo

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post

yep cut my teeth in school with assembler on an 8080A processor on a bread board trainer, Back in the day when a 10 meg hard drive was the size of a dishwasher.......................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations