Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: toolbags

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Re: toolbags

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The problem with to compact is where do you put your PH2X400mm? I cant work without it. Its 1/2 a meter long.
    1/2 a meter long? I'm blushing..

Sometimes it's best to just show off our tools to let our customers know how proud we are..

hehe, but seriously.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

39.4 divided 2 = 20 inches allan

seriously... can you post a pic of that #2

My intention long ago is to start a post on '' what's in the tech bag ''. Bet you will see some interesting items. maybe tonight.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Lol whaha.

I'm sure i can google something to post, question is do i really what to.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Finally got my new toolpack:

Backpack Tool Case - Tecra Tools

I'm loving it. Wish I'd gone to a backpack a long time ago. Except for paperwork. I really like to have an outside pocket for paperwork. I want to be able to pack up everything, then go talk to the customer and get a signature. I put my WO in the bag as I'm leaving. But this bag doesn't have a way to easily do that. I'll figure out a way though.

I'll report back in 2 years as to the durability. I feel like if one of these straps breaks within 2 years, then forget it. My last soft case lasted 7 years before the zipper broke.
    I guess 5 years isn't too bad. I'm finally gonna say goodbuy to this bag. About 2 years ago one of the straps broke. It was the plastic adjusting piece that connected the strap to the bottom of the bag. I probably could have found a replacement part, but I ended up just tying it and using it anyway.

Then, about a year ago, one of the zippers got messed up. It's a double zipper system, so I just zipped the bad one all the way to one side and used the other zipper to open and shut it. That kind of worked fine, but now the other zipper is acting up. Time for a new bag. This time, I'm gonna try a different brand and see if it makes a difference:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like I said, 5 years isn't too bad, but I think it should have lasted a lot longer. My printer toolbag gets very light usage. In fact, right now, 3 out of 5 days, I don't touch it... I'm working on mailing equipment instead of printers.

But overall-- $100 isn't bad to spend on a toolbag that lasts 5 years.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    toolbags

I guess 5 years isn't too bad. I'm finally gonna say goodbuy to this bag. About 2 years ago one of the straps broke. It was the plastic adjusting piece that connected the strap to the bottom of the bag. I probably could have found a replacement part, but I ended up just tying it and using it anyway.
    Then, about a year ago, one of the zippers got messed up. It's a double zipper system, so I just zipped the bad one all the way to one side and used the other zipper to open and shut it. That kind of worked fine, but now the other zipper is acting up. Time for a new bag. This time, I'm gonna try a different brand and see if it makes a difference:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Like I said, 5 years isn't too bad, but I think it should have lasted a lot longer. My printer toolbag gets very light usage. In fact, right now, 3 out of 5 days, I don't touch it... I'm working on mailing equipment instead of printers.
    But overall-- $100 isn't bad to spend on a toolbag that lasts 5 years.
    hopefully you didn't get roped into the " FP Mailing BS scam" my exboss bought it hook line n sinker... I left after he signed up for THAT BULLSHIT!

I ended up with several bags... one for FP/Xerox... one for Printers/fax

and one more (main bag) for the rest of the CRAP he wanted serviced! SOOOOO HAPPY I fired that fuck!'

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

No. I'm working on inserters, high speed envelope printers, and the like. There aren't office machines--they're the ones production mail houses and printers use.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    toolbags

No. I'm working on inserters, high speed envelope printers, and the like. There aren't office machines--they're the ones production mail houses and printers use.
    CONGRATS on that!

i worked on 5 feeder tray folder/inserters and some mail merge printer/label systems.

really hated the 'office crap'

This is the most convenient bag i ever had the bottom started getting damaged so its time to replace it.
    I am really rough on stuff and it gave me three and a half years of good service.
    The layout of this bag is perfect for this graft and carries every thing i need and more.
    Even got a place for my superglue on the side where if a leak occurs its at least isolated from everything.
    What is nice about the small side pouch is that the glue and the filler i use always stays upright.
    Having straps like a backpack it frees your hands up. My previous bags use to chew into my shoulder.

Its expressive in comparison but well worth it.
    Will go and pick up a new one soon.

Technician’s Rucksack — C.K Magma
    Last edited by allan; 03-10-2020 at 01:15 AM.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Brett GS View Post
    Christensins tools near jeppe has some awsome bags.

Yea got my bag from Christensin in Durban also got my portosol III gas soldering iron from them at R400 they normaly go for R800 plus.
    You are close to HOTTOOLS in Edenvale they supply the entire Minolco with tools.

Do you know where i can get Mr McKenic from other that hottools?
    Whatever