Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP301SPF not warming up

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP301SPF not warming up

I tried changing the memory but still nothing, also tried clearing the memory in SP mode but still nothing. I checked the temperature of the fuser on SP mode and it shows me that the fuser is at 161 degrees but when I feel it, it is not even a little warm. I tried 3 fusers and I even stripped all the fusers to check if everything is fine and all the fusers look perfect.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I checked the temperature of the fuser on SP mode and it shows me that the fuser is at 161 degrees but when I feel it, it is not even a little warm.
    Ok that's definetly odd - you shure you looked at the right sp and did not just read the target temp?

IIRC there are NV ram chips on both controller and bicu - did you replace those, too? Usually you need to swap them from the old to the new MFP but if one of them is corrupted you might need to try a new one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It is really odd, SP mode was correct, I saw the temperature moving up, I have changed the NV ram on the controller and the BICU board, I tried it with the original machine's NV ram as well as the boards NV ram that I used.

I'm kinda out of ideas - never seen a cold fuser changing the live temperature display since this is basicly proof that the thermistor changes the resistor value. You're really shure it wasn't hot? Did you youst touched the fuser housing? Did you cheat right the door switch and looked after light from the fuser lamp?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have, I saw the temperature rising and the lamp coming on and going off, but when I took the fuser out I touched the hot roller and it wasn't even warm! I even changed the door but still nothing, the machine keeps trying to warm up. I am all out of ideas.

OK if the lamp tuned on and off I guess it should be OK - thanks to nowadays energy saving efforts target temperatures are specified lower and the hot rollers are pretty thin and losse the heat pretty fast. If you like to burn your finger you need to touch the roller right away

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hahaha that's just it, I did touch the hot roller right away, I opened the guide at the front and touched it, but it was cold. I am currently using all 3 fuser units and building one perfect one, if that doesn't work then I will be totally baffled

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Check the sockets where the thermistor plugs in make sure a pin isn't bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan Chetty View Post
    hahaha that's just it, I did touch the hot roller right away, I opened the guide at the front and touched it, but it was cold. I am currently using all 3 fuser units and building one perfect one, if that doesn't work then I will be totally baffled
    Funny but you also say the lamp turns on and off and on... how is it possible that a functional lamp produce no noticeable heat?
    Did you compare the lamp switching/on time behaviour with a healthy machine, does it look different?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thermistor pins and connecters are perfect, I have one last thing to try, check all the pins on the BICU, maybe one pin broke somewhere or maybe there is a broken cable somewhere, I have no more other ideas left