Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar

package_all Firmware

I have been noticing a all firmware option on the download section of My Ricoh.

Just 2 quick questions as i cant find any information via my ricoh.

How does it work (install procedure) and is it worth it over the old singular procedures?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: package_all Firmware

I just use 7zip to unpack it and update the firmware the usual romdata SD card route. The plus side you don't have to download 50-odd files.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Not a fan of the package firmware. It seems quicker - and it is....because it only updates main frame firmwares, so adf, finishers etc are not updated. I have stopped using it for this reason. Whats the point of updating a MPCxxx3 with package firmware when the finisher (which is the biggest problem area on these newer machines) is NOT updated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    package_all Firmware

The main problem with Package firmware is that it frequently does not contain the latest updates for all modules. Once a module update is released it could take a month or more before the package is updates. All, since it only updates those modules that are not at the same level as in the package, you cannot use it to reload firmware.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I'm a fan of the package firmware, it is so easy. Create a folder called Package on your SD card and put the .pkg file in it (it's very important not to store more than 1 .pkg file on the SD card), at the same time you can create a Romdata folder and place all the module firmware in there. The machine will ask you to select if you want to upgrade package or module, select package and this will upgrade all the main frame modules, reboot and then select module, you can now update the peripherals and power saving sub-system...crucially, power saving is not included in package either and this is quite important.
    If you have your machine connected to @remote using cumin you can download the package data straight to the machine, either do it immediately, or, if you know you have to return, you can allow it to download before you return, it's then very quick to upgrade from the stored file
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    package_all Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I'm a fan of the package firmware, it is so easy. Create a folder called Package on your SD card and put the .pkg file in it (it's very important not to store more than 1 .pkg file on the SD card), at the same time you can create a Romdata folder and place all the module firmware in there. The machine will ask you to select if you want to upgrade package or module, select package and this will upgrade all the main frame modules, reboot and then select module, you can now update the peripherals and power saving sub-system...crucially, power saving is not included in package either and this is quite important.
    If you have your machine connected to @remote using cumin you can download the package data straight to the machine, either do it immediately, or, if you know you have to return, you can allow it to download before you return, it's then very quick to upgrade from the stored file
    Check the package zip file for the firmware list pdf. It gives you the version levels of all firmware in the package. If there are any that are not current, you can download those to your ROMDATA folder and update with the peripherals.

davidedag

hi, could someone send me the latest firmware available for infotec isc 2525 ( Ricoh mpc 2500) . Thanks in advance. email : dagdavide@gmail.com

Re: ricoh firmwere for imc3000

Good Morning
    Please advice to me how to updated the latest firmware for ricoh new series IMC3000 procedure.

Thanks
    senaka

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    package_all Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    Good Morning Please advice to me how to updated the latest firmware for ricoh new series IMC3000 procedure. Thanks senaka
    procedure is in the service manual

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    package_all Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    Good Morning
    Please advice to me how to updated the latest firmware for ricoh new series IMC3000 procedure.

Thanks
    senaka
    There’s now a few ways you can update the IMC range, however using SD as previous models is still an option.

But as mentioned read the service manual if unsure.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk