Technical 50+ Posts

Ricoh On demand email notification

Hello, I'm trying to set up a Ricoh colour MPC for the on demand email notification. I've entered the data (Email address, Subject, Message),
    but I'm still not receiving anything from the copier.

Has anybody set this up and had success with it that they could help me?

Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh On demand email notification

If you are trying to use "On Demand Email Notification", you have to send the machine an email request for it to respond to. To send an email request, you have to set the machine up the receive email.

I think what you are wanting to use is "Auto Email Notification". To use that, you have to first enter a supervisor email address and set to auto specify sender in File Transfer. Otherwise there will be no sender and the email will not be sent. This also applies to On Demand.

Technical 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are trying to use "On Demand Email Notification", you have to send the machine an email request for it to respond to. To send an email request, you have to set the machine up the receive email.

I think what you are wanting to use is "Auto Email Notification". To use that, you have to first enter a supervisor email address and set to auto specify sender in File Transfer. Otherwise there will be no sender and the email will not be sent. This also applies to On Demand.

I know what you mean about Auto notification, and that is working fine, however, it doesn't give me readings. I have entered an email address into the machine for it to recognise the request for 'on-demand emailing'. If I'm reading the instructions correctly, it also needs the subject and message to be the same as to whats stored for it to generate a reply. Bit of a security thing. But no, it still wont send me a reply.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I believe the only way to get meter readings is @remote.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSBMCO View Post
    I know what you mean about Auto notification, and that is working fine, however, it doesn't give me readings. I have entered an email address into the machine for it to recognise the request for 'on-demand emailing'. If I'm reading the instructions correctly, it also needs the subject and message to be the same as to whats stored for it to generate a reply. Bit of a security thing. But no, it still wont send me a reply.

Did you ever get it to work?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

1.if you are trying to send counter report by email need to first setup email smtp information also turn auto specify sender name and admin. email address name under file transfer area in user tools then do following and when done restart copier. then try 5-866-112 for testing

Go to service mode

2. 5-866-110 set to 1
    3. 5-866-114 set to 1
    4. 5-866-115 set to 1
    5. 5-866-121/122/123 Enter email where to send counter report can do up to three emails.

114 and 115 use to set date and time 112 is for testing

Cool Re: Ricoh On demand email notification

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    1.if you are trying to send counter report by email need to first setup email smtp information also turn auto specify sender name and admin. email address name under file transfer area in user tools then do following and when done restart copier. then try 5-866-112 for testing

Go to service mode

2. 5-866-110 set to 1
    3. 5-866-114 set to 1
    4. 5-866-115 set to 1
    5. 5-866-121/122/123 Enter email where to send counter report can do up to three emails.

114 and 115 use to set date and time 112 is for testing

Thank you. Worked like a treat!!!