Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MPC2551 Enchanced Features

Hi, I have traded in a MPC2551 and it has a small symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen and in system settings it has an Enhanced Features Settings which I haven't seen before? Upon checking it, there appears to be Java loaded along with some kind of monitoring system, this was a Ricoh direct machine. It doesn't stop the machine from working but I wondered if I can uninstall it or remove it completely as its not needed now.

Any help appreciated.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Re: MPC2551 Enchanced Features

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    Hi, I have traded in a MPC2551 and it has a small symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen and in system settings it has an Enhanced Features Settings which I haven't seen before? Upon checking it, there appears to be Java loaded along with some kind of monitoring system, this was a Ricoh direct machine. It doesn't stop the machine from working but I wondered if I can uninstall it or remove it completely as its not needed now.

Any help appreciated.

The small symbol sounds like it may have Data Override Security installed in which case this cant be deactivated, if not then you can simply stop any Java applications from running in Extended Feature Settings