Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    1107 finisher SC750

1107 finisher SC750

Hi,

I have problem with finisher SR5000 on Ricoh 1107.Error SC 750, shift motor goes only down!
    I also have another finisher SR 5000 and SR5000 VE2, everything seems that work when power on machine, but when printing/copying seems that machine doesn't recognise finishers.
    Paper comes to the entrance of finisher and jams. Rollers that have to pick up paper don't start.
    Also if unlatch this finisher, paper comes out from machine, without jam on display. Seems it doesn't recognize these two finishers.
    Could it be problem with firmware or what?

Thank you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Re: 1107 finisher SC750

I had a similar problem with an Aficio MP 8000, check the connector on the machine, try to update the finisher firmware with finisher connected!.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    1107 finisher SC750

I've been talking with some serious ricoh techs and they explained that there had been problems with SR 5000 finishers.
    Seems if this finisher was on color machine it won't work on b\w 1107 model.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

For what it is worth, on the finisher where the shift tray only goes down anyway, there is a feeler between the foam rollers that controls how the shift tray is directed to descend during normal operation. See if it is free and working correctly.
    Sorry if that is unusable nonsense, it's just something I got to see when the mothership let me work on the PRO 907. Turns out that is not just a bigger MP6001 like I thought.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    1107 finisher SC750

There are 2 harness connectors that that go from CB307 on the IOB to the finisher connector. The wider one provides 24V and ground to the finisher for motors and solenoids. The narrow one provides 5V login power and ground plus signalling between the IOB and the finisher. If wide one and the end of the narrow one that provides 5V power and ground to the finisher main board are properly seated, at power up, or open and close finisher after power up, the finisher will cycle all motors to home position. If the narrow one is not fully seated at the end that provides signalling, the MFP will not know that the finisher is there. You could also have a broken lead in the harness or a problem on the IOB or the finisher main board.