Senior Tech 100+ Posts

RICOH MP C4000 fixing problem

Greetings to all I have a problem with a Ricoh MP C4000 the first 2-3 prints are deleted leaving stains on the prints. After 20-30 prints the problem subsides ..ma you see that the fuse toner to the paper is not good .... kindly if someone can tell me if the problem is fuser unit of ..... or should I change the pressure roller (orange color)? .. Wonder if anyone has had this problem and how it has solved .. thank you for your attention

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: RICOH MP C4000 fixing problem

A picture of the print defect would be helpful.
    That being said, for all the world this sounds like a temporary cold offset problem, and here's a couple of wild guesses based on that:
    If you don't see any obvious damage to the fuser, you might try setting the machine to a thicker paper setting. I have seen mislabeled paper cause something like this, it was thicker than advertised.
    You might also check the sensors that detect the temperature of the pressure roller.
    I'm going to assume that machine is using Ricoh toner. While I have seen non OEM toner work adequately for some business rated prints, trying to print photos or prints with heavy coverage with that stuff is a fools errand.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts khattab.al.masry's Avatar

Re: RICOH MP C4000 fixing problem

I faced the same issue so i ask you to following the following steps:
    1-be sure the media which you use
    2-be sure the fixing unit parts is not worn
    3-take care with the temp. of thermistor
    finally if the above steps working good read the following attachment that was useful to me and problem solve
    Attached Files Attached Files