Technician

Horizontal Lines on print out....

Hi,
    line.jpg

As you can see from the picture there are horizontal lines(i think there are white lines). The distance between them is even. I have a ricoh aficio spc 430dn. The problem is only in black color and the black unit is new(installed 10 days ago). What do you think is the problem? Any help would be great!
    Thank you.

Re: Horizontal Lines on print out....

That looks like moire effect.
    Whatever

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

First, I'm not trained on that machine, so what follows could be useless nincompoopery. If so, sorry about that.
    Also, if the picture is an example of something you printed from a computer, please ignore the rest of this as it most likely will be a waste of time.
    But if that is a copy, try changing the orientation of your original by 90 degrees. The reason for that is those look like scan lines from a printed copy that are lining up with the main scan direction of that machine's scanner, and because of that they are being picked up as actual image data. If you change the orientation of the original so that its scan lines are in the sub-scan direction of the scanner, they are less likely to be picked up.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    First, I'm not trained on that machine, so what follows could be useless nincompoopery. If so, sorry about that.
    Also, if the picture is an example of something you printed from a computer, please ignore the rest of this as it most likely will be a waste of time.
    But if that is a copy, try changing the orientation of your original by 90 degrees. The reason for that is those look like scan lines from a printed copy that are lining up with the main scan direction of that machine's scanner, and because of that they are being picked up as actual image data. If you change the orientation of the original so that its scan lines are in the sub-scan direction of the scanner, they are less likely to be picked up.
    Thank you Iowatech for your answer BUT its NOT a copy , its printed from pc. Its a very strange issue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Had this issue 2 times: STELLA MP 161 - defective polygonmotor
    ALEX MP 4002 - defective IOB-board
    Hope this will help.
    Greetings...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Had this issue 2 times: STELLA MP 161 - defective polygonmotor
    ALEX MP 4002 - defective IOB-board
    Hope this will help.
    Greetings...
    Thanks for your answer. I will check it.
    I also tried something else. The black unit if you unscrew it you take 2 parts. The first one has the drum, charge roller and the other part has the magnetic roller with the starter(developer).
    What I did was to replace the first part(drum, charge roller) with an old one that I have and there are no lines anymore. So the problem I think is in the part where the drum and the charge roller are. In 430dn you have to buy the whole unit.
    I will blow with air and clean it through the gears. Maybe there is something in the gears and the drum jumps.