Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lanier LD 520c

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lanier LD 520c

Another weird call, I was updating the firmware on a Lanier LD520c so they could scan to their new server. No big deal, easy fix and move on down the road. It's a damn Lanier, nothing goes as it should. I now have an SC 817 and the copier is deader than a door nail, tried to reload firmware again and same thing. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm guessing I either need a new NVRAM or maybe a new controller.
    Last edited by 88hawkfan; 03-15-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Lanier LD 520c

i would try reformatting hdd outside then reformat with machine first.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Lanier LD 520c

This is more of a question/curiosity, for those that will know the answer....
    Any chance this is one of the models that had the different controller boards due to the Manufacturing issue in Japan after the Tsunami? I remember reading on here years ago, that you could easily take out a controller with mismatched firmware on certain model(s).

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Lanier LD 520c

Which firmware modules did you update? SC 817 at power is an error reading the electronic file signature of the system kernel or the root system files of an option SD card. If there is any SD card options in the SD slots, other than JAVA, turn the machine on with the SD card removed. If it comes on minus the options on the SD card, the SD card is toast. You can order a replacement from parts. If it still does not start, download all firmware and update everything.

Oh, by the way, if there was a JAVA card installed and you did not stop JAVA in user tools before removing it to update firmware, the controller is toast ans possibly the JAVA card.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    This is more of a question/curiosity, for those that will know the answer....
    Any chance this is one of the models that had the different controller boards due to the Manufacturing issue in Japan after the Tsunami? I remember reading on here years ago, that you could easily take out a controller with mismatched firmware on certain model(s).
    Good call, but I don't think that's the case. Best I can remember that was only an issue with some finisher boards. But that was a while ago.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Initially update the engine, system, and web support so they could scan to Server 2012. When it went south, I tried every firmware on the TSRC webpage all to no avail. The only option is the DOSS, but the machine won't come on with or without the DOSS SD card. Upon further reading it looks like other people have had success on other models with the SD boot card. Anybody know if this machine has a card available? Looked at the parts manual and I've got nothing nor do I know what I'd be looking for.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Lanier LD 520c

Quote Originally Posted by 88hawkfan View Post
    Initially update the engine, system, and web support so they could scan to Server 2012. When it went south, I tried every firmware on the TSRC webpage all to no avail. The only option is the DOSS, but the machine won't come on with or without the DOSS SD card. Upon further reading it looks like other people have had success on other models with the SD boot card. Anybody know if this machine has a card available? Looked at the parts manual and I've got nothing nor do I know what I'd be looking for.
    Are you saying that it does not have print/scan installed as on that model print/scan is on a SD card. It might be bad.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The DOSS has everything transferred over on that card, but even taking the card out the copy function would still work without the print/scan card.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Lanier LD 520c

Quote Originally Posted by 88hawkfan View Post
    The DOSS has everything transferred over on that card, but even taking the card out the copy function would still work without the print/scan card.
    If the problem is a corrupted root file system on the SD card, removing the card will allow the copy function to work. If that is the case, you will need to order a new print/scan SD card and new DOSS card. These can be ordered from parts for much less than ordering from product. Just call Ricoh support and tell them what the problem is, that you identified to a corrupted print/scan SD card and that you have DOSS copies to that card. They may have you attempt to transfer the DOSS back to its original SD card.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Lanier LD 520c

Have you tried booting with a sd card with system firmware only on it, and dip sw #1 on the controller set to 1(on) ?????????????????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations