Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

PRO c900 fiery problem

My customer bought in Hamburg/ Germany machine PRO C 900, it was installed here in Croatia and at first it worked fine. After a while it begun to show SC 569 and customer has turned off/on machine several times without turning of Fiery controller. It solved a problem with SC 569 but machine showed a message: Connection to Fiery disconnected, press DHG operation switch, make sure the Led is off then turn the main switch off.
    A message on Fiery controller is : Post code is 00. We tried to turn on the Fiery first and then the machine, tried to turn the machine first, then the Fiery, and tried to turn together machine and the Fiery without success.
    When we connect to Fiery with additional monitor, mouse and keyboard, we have Win XP and after login on everything looks fine, except the message on top of monitor which says: Starting..please wait.
    Customer has no additional documentation or CD with software. If you have any idea please help

Best regards

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rorschach's Avatar

Re: PRO c900 fiery problem

Which Fiery do you have attached to the C900? They typically come with the Fiery controller that mounts inside the rear box on the mainframe. But they were also available with the E-80, which is an external Fiery.

I assume you have the internal Fiery. These things are notorious for needing to completely shut down during a power off cycle or they will never reconnect, even if they have booted to the desktop (as you see when you connect a KVM kit to it).

Turn off the C900 completely. Then take a look at the Fiery - you will most likely have to shut it down as well, as they are not talking to each other right now. Lift up the small door and hold the power button in for a few seconds until the Fiery does a hard shut down. At this time, if you look at the display on the rear of the Fiery where 00 shows when it is booted, it will be dark.

Wait a few minutes, then turn the C900 back on. The Fiery *should* boot normally at this time, and you'll see the POST codes flashing by on the display. After the please wait screen shows for a bit, it should naturally come to Idle, and you'll be good to go.

The Fiery should not be turned on manually. The C900 with the smaller Fiery was designed to control the entire power on/off process through the mainframe. When shutting down the C900, the Fiery will power off as well. The important thing to remember is that if you ever do need to turn off the C900, always wait until the Fiery has shut down before turning the C900 back on. I suspect that when your customer tried cycling the power on their machine to clear the SC code, they didn't wait long enough before turning it back on.

Absolute worst case is that you will need to reinstall the Fiery software.
    Today's subliminal quote is:

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for reply,
    it is internal fiery E-900,i tried with shut down on power button and with shut down c900 completely, and waiting about 5 min. Post code is always ,after a few minutes OO, but a message on screen is "connection to fiery disconnected", and on monitor is "starting.....please wait".
    I can not find a fiery software on my-ricoh ( I have account on ricoh), customer has no Cd/dvd with software (iso file).
    any source for download !!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rorschach's Avatar

Out of curiosity, has the machine logged any SC codes other than the SC569? There's something in the knowledge base about the relay board causing problems that may lead to a fiery disconnect.

Have you installed all the patches on the Fiery? There are a ton of them, and some deal specifically with disconnect issues.

I'd also crack open the Fiery and make sure all the SATA cables are nice and tight; especially since the machine has likely been bounced around a bit during its transport from Germany to Croatia. Also, have you connected your monitor to the Fiery while it was booting to watch the POST on a screen? I've seen a bad HDD cause similar errors in the past. Unfortunately, I think that the drives come as a set via one part number.

At this point, I'd tend to lean towards a HDD error, or a corrupt Fiery from all the power cycles. But before reinstalling the Fiery completely, I'd make certain it was completely patched just to be certain.

I'm not sure where you'd be able to get the Fiery software nowadays. I just took a look on the TSRC site, and couldn't locate it - but I may have been on the wrong page. If I ever have to reinstall a C900 or C720, I use one of my own thumb drives (different installs for the 900 and 720) that I created with the USB prep tool.
    Today's subliminal quote is:

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you for your time and effort.
    There were no other SC codes.
    Printer has worked for few weeks after transport from
    Germany to Croatia.
    I dont know which patches were on
    Fiery controller. The client has reported only SC code
    and that was my first visit since the printer has
    arrived to Croatia.
    Thanks!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    PRO c900 fiery problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Out of curiosity, has the machine logged any SC codes other than the SC569? There's something in the knowledge base about the relay board causing problems that may lead to a fiery disconnect.

Have you installed all the patches on the Fiery? There are a ton of them, and some deal specifically with disconnect issues.

I'd also crack open the Fiery and make sure all the SATA cables are nice and tight; especially since the machine has likely been bounced around a bit during its transport from Germany to Croatia. Also, have you connected your monitor to the Fiery while it was booting to watch the POST on a screen? I've seen a bad HDD cause similar errors in the past. Unfortunately, I think that the drives come as a set via one part number.

At this point, I'd tend to lean towards a HDD error, or a corrupt Fiery from all the power cycles. But before reinstalling the Fiery completely, I'd make certain it was completely patched just to be certain.

I'm not sure where you'd be able to get the Fiery software nowadays. I just took a look on the TSRC site, and couldn't locate it - but I may have been on the wrong page. If I ever have to reinstall a C900 or C720, I use one of my own thumb drives (different installs for the 900 and 720) that I created with the USB prep tool.

That relay pcb causes a variety of weird problems, But the many power cycles without proper shut down may have crashed the Fiery OS...... ricoh Us has
    a special access place where you can get Fiery system software. Access is rarely granted, dont know if my ricoh has something simalar.............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Had the same problem, which I have solved by reinstalling system software. Also you may try this bulletin.

Pro C900 RECOVERY FROM “PLEASE WAIT”.pdf

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for the help, installed a new system software, for now all o.k
    Greetings from Zagreb

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

can you tell me where you found the software for fiery and how install the system

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: PRO c900 fiery problem

Quote Originally Posted by miro View Post
    Thanks for the help, installed a new system software, for now all o.k
    Greetings from Zagreb

can you tell me where you found the software for fiery and how install the system