Technician

Richo 3800c ScanRouter V2 Lite for Windows 10 not working

Hello,

I have a Ricoh 3800c scanner installed and I have been using the ScanRouter V2 Lite on a Windows XP server for the last 9 years - it worked great. I have now needed to update my file server to Windows 10 and now the ScanRouter V2 Lite software on the Windows 10 file server does not work.

Is there another way to deliver files to a Windows 10 file server that I'm not aware of or is there another software I can use with my Ricoh Aficio 3800C?

Thank you very much. :-)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Richo 3800c ScanRouter V2 Lite for Windows 10 not working

Re: Richo 3800c ScanRouter V2 Lite for Windows 10 not working

Quote Originally Posted by siteturbo View Post
    Hello,

I have a Ricoh 3800c scanner installed and I have been using the ScanRouter V2 Lite on a Windows XP server for the last 9 years - it worked great. I have now needed to update my file server to Windows 10 and now the ScanRouter V2 Lite software on the Windows 10 file server does not work.

Is there another way to deliver files to a Windows 10 file server that I'm not aware of or is there another software I can use with my Ricoh Aficio 3800C?

Thank you very much. :-)
    There are ZERO options to scan from that unit to Win10.
    Frankly, I'm surprised it didn't crash your entire OS, because that's what happend to me (twice), when I tested it with Win8 a couple of years ago just to see if there was any way to make it work. I had to reinstall the OS.
    You're going to have to keep an old Win XP box around to use for scanrouter if you intend to keep on using that old machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    There are ZERO options to scan from that unit to Win10.
    Frankly, I'm surprised it didn't crash your entire OS, because that's what happend to me (twice), when I tested it with Win8 a couple of years ago just to see if there was any way to make it work. I had to reinstall the OS.
    You're going to have to keep an old Win XP box around to use for scanrouter if you intend to keep on using that old machine.
    It did crash my Windows 10 OS. It took me several recoveries and a re-install to figure out it was the ScanRouter software that was causing the entire problem.

Yes, I agree that keeping an old Win XP box around just for the ScanRouter software is the way to go, unfortunately.

Do the newer Ricoh machines allow routing scans/files via a different method that ScanRouter software?

Thanks again.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Newer machines can scan directly to a shared folder. ScanRouter has been obsolete for 10 years now.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Nearly all newer Ricoh machines can natively scan to SMB, FTP, or email. Please note the "nearly" part.

Not quite as many options as Scan Router, but it works quite well.

If you need more functionality, GlobalScan NX (server and serverless versions) were made as replacements for Scan Router. The Server version has more features, the largest being OCR.

These apps will NOT work with a 3800, it's far too old.

Also worth mentioning that some machines offer optional on-board OCR, although it's not as robust as GlobalScan NX Server.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

FortisT

Hello,

I'm going to leave this post here for anyone else who runs into this issue. We replaced a Windows 2003 server for a customer as the hardware was aging. We put in place a Windows 10 Pro system to handle the basic duties (file sharing). But unfortunately, the ScanRouter V2 software was the only thing that we could not get to work on Win10. After repeated attempts, we decided to forego that and instead set up the Scan to Email function of the copier. They have an older copier, a Savin 8020. I was able to add the users in the address book and configure the Savin to send scans to their email accounts. See below for my notes.

Legacy documentation for Savin 8020 copier are available here: Manual Download (accessed Nov 22, 2017)

High level steps to set up Scan to Email:

1. The Savin is configured via the copier's Web Image Monitor (WIM) to interface with the mail system via SMTP. WIM Url: http://192.168.0.9 Log in with admin user.
    2. A new email address should be created on the email host/server to act as the "sender" for all scanned docs. Then add a user in the address book with this new email address. I called mine scanner@domain.net. Make sure to select the option to function as a Sender.
    3. Configure the email section of the copiers WIM with the correct info for SMTP or POP depending on what you're using.
    4. The scanner settings on the copier itself were modified to automatically select the new scanner email address above as the default "sender" for all scanned to email docs. This makes it easier for the end user because they don't have to select it every time they scan. This is done within User Settings/controls, Scanner Settings.
    5. Lastly, I added all the employees to the Address Book in WIM.

Scanning is very simple. From the copier: Push the Scanner button, place paper on glass or in feeder tray, press the Search Destination button, select a destination address from the distribution list, press start button.

Hope this helps someone.

FT