Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mp201

Re: mp201

I have found the poly's on these models are reliable, but can sometimes cause noise / code issues.

Removing the laser can be a pain in the ass, if you don't already know how to do it. (Skip this if you already do, but it may help someone else in the future):

You will need to remove the internal tray, toner hopper, PSU and metal plate underneath the internal tray (with power disconnected, of couse, and watch out for the capacitors); you will need a small screwdriver for this job, unpeal the two seals underneath where the hopper sits to get to the two laser screws, remove the single exposed screw, and disconnect the two cables. The LSU should pull towards where the PSU was sitting. Removing the poly is simple after that.

The first time I did this, I didn't read the manual; to know about the two hopper screws, and ended up removing the entire scanner section. Didn't RTFM when I needed to RTFM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

another tech kindly worked on this copier for me in the shop, it ended up being the BICU. he put a laser unit in it and it didn't fix it so after bicu everything is working. could be possible the laser took out the bicu.

Simza
    mp201

Re: mp201, Error 320

Hi Friends,
    i have SC320 in Aficio 201. I have replace the polygone motor und the power circut abouve the polygonemotor with outher used parts(which i have tested before install), but the code is still there.
    Can everybody advise me how to recet the code in outher way.

Thanks and have good time
    Stay safe

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    mp201

Quote Originally Posted by Simza View Post
    Hi Friends,
    i have SC320 in Aficio 201. I have replace the polygone motor und the power circut abouve the polygonemotor with outher used parts(which i have tested before install), but the code is still there.

Stay safe
    A good next step would be to read the post directly above yours

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp201

Hi Friends,

Stay safe

1. We are not your friends. We don't know you from shit.
    2. This thread was nearly 2 years old, dead and buried. Start a new one if you want any help, grave digger.

Technician

These babies dump toner and can give a host of errors. Start on a clean slate and vac-out the machine, making sure the slit glass is clean! Also, make sure the Transfer Roller hasn't popped out - causing the door not to close, so it can't write - causing a Laser error. See what I mean? LOL

All the best buddy!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
    These babies dump toner and can give a host of errors. Start on a clean slate and vac-out the machine, making sure the slit glass is clean! Also, make sure the Transfer Roller hasn't popped out - causing the door not to close, so it can't write - causing a Laser error. See what I mean? LOL

All the best buddy!
    Another nasty trick they have is rust gets in between the drum drive shaft and the drive spigot, causing it to seize in place. Mr unsuspecting techy removes the pcu for service and when he reinstalls it, the machine throws a code, all because the spigot has not popped forward to engage the drum when the pcu was reinstalled.

This could keep you busy for a while as you immediately assume it is something you did wrong on the pcu as that was the last piece you worked on.... free grey hair for everybody!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Simza
    mp201

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    1. We are not your friends. We don't know you from shit.
    2. This thread was nearly 2 years old, dead and buried. Start a new one if you want any help, grave digger.
    Hi,
    i have understand your massage, please ignore may massage if you are here to hurt people, because i am here to discuss my problems about my work.
    For me it dosent metter who the guy is. He is working in my line, so i call him "friend" because i respect the knowlege he have in copiers/printers field.

Have a good day

Simza
    mp201

Thanks a lot,
    i have alredy fix the problem

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    mp201

Thanks a lot,
    i have alredy fix the problem
    Can you tell us what the fix was? I see these machines occasionally.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING