Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh 830dn magenta problem

Hi,
    i have a ricoh 830dn and after i installed new developer after some printouts it started to supply magenta in the developer unit every time i had to print with result to lost a lot of toner. Does anybody know why its doing this?
    Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 830dn magenta problem

Did you take the PCDU appart to drain the old dev?

Are you sure everything went back as before? Sounds to me like there is no BIAS on the mag roller and therefore the dev is taken up on the drum and deposited on the pages (if I understand your explanation correctly.)
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Did you take the PCDU appart to drain the old dev?

Are you sure everything went back as before? Sounds to me like there is no BIAS on the mag roller and therefore the dev is taken up on the drum and deposited on the pages (if I understand your explanation correctly.)
    First of all thanx for your quick reply.
    I dont have any problem with the printouts. I cleaned everything before i install the new devloper. The problem is that before i print it keeps loading toner(magenta), every time i print, its loading for 40 sec, then stops, then when a new printout has sent it starts loading toner again. i dont understand which value wants to get in order to stop doing that....
    also the toner in the magenta bottle is lower which means that it goes toner to the dev unit. also the vt value is changed every time is loading toner, another prove that the toner goes into the dev unit. the printout is not dirty with magenta toner.
    Last edited by kotsitos; 11-22-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Technician

The problem is that i am loosing more toner than I should and the developer starts to overtone....for example 100gr magenta toner lost from cartridge after 4 A4 printouts...its crazy...!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

You'll need to replace the entire PCDU to sort this, it doesn't sound like the machine initialised the new developer properly and it's gotten confused. Is the developer proper stuff?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    You'll need to replace the entire PCDU to sort this, it doesn't sound like the machine initialised the new developer properly and it's gotten confused. Is the developer proper stuff?
    why do i have to change the whole unit?.....the printer is like 4 months old.....is it possible nvram needs to be reset?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kotsitos View Post
    why do i have to change the whole unit?.....the printer is like 4 months old.....is it possible nvram needs to be reset?
    Anything is possible, but no, don't reset the nvram.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

These machines are designed to have the complete PCDU replaced, not split apart and rebuilt. I know they share heritage with the MPC5502, but you will save yourself a lot of heartache if you just fit the parts as it's designed to take them. Again, are you using original developer?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

yes i am using original developer. what are the reasons when printer loads toner?it needs to reach vt value when init, right?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

When you replaced the developer did you change the new unit SP setting just for the developer BEFORE you replaced it or did you init the magenta dev unit?
    It is important you follow the correct procudure as per the service manual when you just replace dev & not drum.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk