Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

MP 2852 wont shut off

normal shutdown press power on button starts shut down process then screen goes blank and power light goes out. then power light starts back up and blinks.

try board that sits in front of power supply no luck does the one wire harness run back to I/o board or controller board

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: MP 2852 wont shut off

I think the machine only goes to sleep when you press the power button so the flashing is just for the fact that it's in standby. You need to use the switch by the bottom left of the front cover to shut the box down completely.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have seen a flashing light while trying to shut down and the machine starts to receive data, such as a fax!...just make sure you are not receiving any data! Also, the light will flash while the machine is writing data to the hard driver just before parking the hard drive and shutting down! What happens while you are in the copy mode with the machine on and you try to do a soft memory clear/restart by holding down the * & # keys for about 15 seconds?

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

copier is in shop there is no connection Ethernet or fax . when you power down goes through process display goes blank power light blinks then goes out only thing on is main power led. then after a second or two it starts light blinking again all by its self and it keeps repeating same thing again.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 2852 wont shut off

A flaky DF open sensor can cause this. If the cover is open, the light will not stop blinking. If it thinks that you have lifted or lowered the DF, or platen cover if t doesn't have a DF, it will start back up.

maybe not clear on this press button starts shut down process starts button on op panel starts blinking then it goes out then with in a second the button starts blinking again op panel display is blank. like you said it i pick up doc feeder then every thing comes on.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 2852 wont shut off

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    maybe not clear on this press button starts shut down process starts button on op panel starts blinking then it goes out then with in a second the button starts blinking again op panel display is blank. like you said it i pick up doc feeder then every thing comes on.
    The button on the op panel is just to turn off the op panel. After it has been blinking for at least 30 seconds, you can turn off the Main Power switch or unplug from the wall.

Was there a final resolution to this issue? I have 2 doing the exact same thing. Even after firmware update.