Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: MP C305 SC866

  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C305 SC866

    Lagonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    66

    MP C305 SC866

    Hi All got another MP C305 in my workshop with weird problem. SC866 which says got a problem reading the licence off the SD card. Now this box does have a VM card with Java on it but I don't know why as it isn't running any software solutions at all. All the functions work, copy, fax, scan etc.
    Remove VM card and disable add-on's etc and you still get the red light and the code is in the background. Also appearing across the bottom of the ops panel is "Module Authentication Failed......Module Name NCS_opt2.mod"

    Any ideas how to make it go away?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    porto
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Hi All got another MP C305 in my workshop with weird problem. SC866 which says got a problem reading the licence off the SD card. Now this box does have a VM card with Java on it but I don't know why as it isn't running any software solutions at all. All the functions work, copy, fax, scan etc.
    Remove VM card and disable add-on's etc and you still get the red light and the code is in the background. Also appearing across the bottom of the ops panel is "Module Authentication Failed......Module Name NCS_opt2.mod"

    Any ideas how to make it go away?
    Hi
    i got 2 with the same problema(SC866)

    one with module fax_opt (All functions work except fax)
    another with module printer_opt(All functions work except printer)

    the only way to fix is replace the contoler board.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C305 SC866

    Lagonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Hi
    i got 2 with the same problema(SC866)

    one with module fax_opt (All functions work except fax)
    another with module printer_opt(All functions work except printer)

    the only way to fix is replace the contoler board.
    Thanks Francisco,
    I was afraid that was going to be the answer. It's going to hurt having to buy a new controller for a piece of rubbish like a 305.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C305 SC866

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,196
    Rep Power
    141

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Have you tried removing the VM card & uninstalling everything in the extended features list in the WIM then update ALL firmware.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,708
    Rep Power
    441

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Can happen if someone removes the VM card with the machine powered up or without first stopping JAVA in User Tools. Only recovery is to replace the controller and the VM card.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    porto
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Have you tried removing the VM card & uninstalling everything in the extended features list in the WIM then update ALL firmware.

    Mp c305 donīt have any card to remove, all in the controler.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C305 SC866

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,196
    Rep Power
    141

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Mp c305 donīt have any card to remove, all in the controler.
    Whats the Type U VM card for then?

    Ricoh 416164, VM Card Type U (HDD Required), MP C305, MP 301, 2001
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  8. #8
    Technician aabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Mp c305 donīt have any card to remove, all in the controler.
    SC866
    NCS_OPT1.mod

    update network support FW D1175430Q

  9. #9
    Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: MP C305 SC866

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Hi All got another MP C305 in my workshop with weird problem. SC866 which says got a problem reading the licence off the SD card. Now this box does have a VM card with Java on it but I don't know why as it isn't running any software solutions at all. All the functions work, copy, fax, scan etc.
    Remove VM card and disable add-on's etc and you still get the red light and the code is in the background. Also appearing across the bottom of the ops panel is "Module Authentication Failed......Module Name NCS_opt2.mod"

    Any ideas how to make it go away?
    NCS is what ricoh calls the networking control software or some such similar name. I bet if you look you'll see the machine has not network ability right now. As someone else suggested you could try reinstalling the NCS firmware but it looks like the controller has gone to the great copier place in the sky.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here