Thread: MPC6003 SC563

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC6003 SC563

MPC6003 SC563

I have replaced: IOB, BCU and fuser. The IOB is the newer one with the cover on the back. I have the machine plugged into a $500 Mega Conditioner from Smart Power Systems. Not sure what else to do at this point. Any idea's?

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Re: MPC6003 SC563

Service manual still lists PSU as a possible source of the problem. Might want to inspect it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC6003 SC563

Athlontini- Replace IOB, BCU and/or fuser unit is what is in my manual. Just saying. PSU although good idea did not solve the issue. However I have determined that the code only happens when running a odd ball size of 7X16 cardstock. My thinking = because of the width being only 7in. wide cardstock the heat may not be dissipating fast enough causing the SC563. What do y'all think? Yup, I'm in the south.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Athlontini- Replace IOB, BCU and/or fuser unit is what is in my manual. Just saying. PSU although good idea did not solve the issue. However I have determined that the code only happens when running a odd ball size of 7X16 cardstock. My thinking = because of the width being only 7in. wide cardstock the heat may not be dissipating fast enough causing the SC563. What do y'all think? Yup, I'm in the south.
    Sounds reasonable. You could try dropping the target temp for whatever paper type they are using by 5-10 ten degrees to start. There might be an option to change end temp and center temp individually.

If that works you might be able to change the temp in one of the "special paper" paper type settings and have them use that for that oddball size.

Does it code out after one sheet or does it take several sheets?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC6003 SC563

I would experiment with a different paper type setting in the driver.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC6003 SC563

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Sounds reasonable. You could try dropping the target temp for whatever paper type they are using by 5-10 ten degrees to start. There might be an option to change end temp and center temp individually.

If that works you might be able to change the temp in one of the "special paper" paper type settings and have them use that for that oddball size.

Generally take about 12 to 15 copies before it codes out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MPC6003 SC563

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post

I had this same issue and I dropped the temp 5-10 degrees (can't remember exactly) and it still fused really well and I haven't had the error reoccur in a year and around if not more than 100k.

Interested in seeing if the difference in driver setting would affect it. But I have to assume the tech would be using the copy function to test printing on that media.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC6003 SC563

Code came back! I thought I had it settled having her use Middle Thick setting for the odd size of 7x16(which it only codes with). Heading back tomorrow. I will also try turning down temp in the Middle Thick setting a few degrees but I don't think that is going to do it. Just wondering, might there be a setting for the temp threshold to allow for a little wiggle room on high temp. There are sooo many settings I'm not sure which one to use!