Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    After you srub up the mag roller always reset the bias in sp2001 back to default and then run a process controle this always brings the c+q back up. also has anyone had any D/F jamming probs on this box

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    After you srub up the mag roller always reset the bias in sp2001 back to default and then run a process controle this always brings the c+q back up. also has anyone had any D/F jamming probs on this box
    I've had DF jamming problems, but nothing really out the ordinary. Either something caught in the paper path, the rollers and belt worn or the actual DF out of position, which you can push back into position
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (Oc'ed to 3GHz - Stock Volts)
    Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    4GB (2x 2GB) Corsair XMS Xpert II RAM
    ATi Radeon 4870 512MB GFX Card
    2x 74GB WD Raptor Sata HDD (RAID 0)
    500GB Seagate Barracuda Sata II HDD
    500GB Hitachi Sata II HDD
    600W500att OCZ PSU
    -TOTAL HDD SPACE 1148GB-

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I've been contemplating the B079 supplies also. I'm just wondering if the toner will have problems fusing at the lower temps. I suppose they could be bumped up a tad...

If you are having adf jams, check the non reflector on the exit side of the scanning glass. The easiest way to get at it is through the top.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Snacks-64 View Post
    ¬.¬ I dare... someone to actually try it and see what happens.

I'm thinking it's almost definitly the toner, and not the developer which is causing the problem, because the toner hardens up

1. on the mag roller
    2. on the Toner chuck mylars - Breaking them regularly
    3. on the Transfer belt roller
    4. In the Toner recycling unit "PCU"
    Ok, but I don't about you guys, but I have seen this happen (toner on the mag roller, throwing everything off, then causing toner to spew everywhere) on the B003 series as well. This family was the first time I had seen happen to this level. This family, overall, has always had problem with drum coating, but something happened in the B003 that took it to a whole new level. And I think with each revision, they have tried to solve the problem, only took it furthur in the other direction.

This is my opinion, merely based on my observations, so I don't think it's just the toner causing the problem. It has to be a combination of things and for me, I personally lump software in there as the main culprit. Combine that with poorly matched toner or even a sensor and you have yourself a serious problem.

Now, sticking with SGT's idea... I would rather put some B003 toner and dev in one and see what happens. I don't know... I think the TD sensor changed on the this family or was it the B079? That might affect things in a bad way, so... Then again, hell... it might help! Who knows?

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    If I recall, the td sensor for the B079 is the same for the B291 and the D009. That would lead me to believe that on paper the B079 developer could be used in the newer dev units.

My opinion is that the whole family of machines are pukers, but the new (dare I say improved) toner formula is worse by far. With the older machines, I had been able to get reliable performance by thoroughly cleaning the units during PM's. The newer (B291 and D009) units are far worse and cleaning doesn't help. Rarely have I had any go to 150k with out a PCQ service call. I can honestly only come up with one unit out of maybe 60-75. I feel its a bad to worse situation.

E Winter
    It's a mess that ricoh kept the toner/dev from the previous MP3500/4500 series because this was a mess, too. And the technical bulletin is a joke because the so called "final solution" does reduce the toner concentration to an extremely low level to avoid clogged DV rollers. On the one hand many customers are not happy with the black reproduction an on the other one, even this "solution" doen't bring back the scheduled PM cycle on my machines. At least the new PCU/DV-Unit design is good because it can collect much toner spilling before it's crawling through the machine

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Here is what i think
    The main problem is the toner melting at a lower temp but the m/c speed has increased .With the B003 m/c the problem was often solved by changing the mag roller or the pcu i suspect that the gape between the drum and the mag roller is too small this causese friction and heats up the toner as it passes the drum thuse melting it to the mag roller. the answer would be to add somthing to the dev unit to take the heat away or increase the drum/magroller gape . this is only my idea but it seems logical

E Winter
    My guess is that only some changings at the toner/dev itself may solve this problems. Friction does also occure at a much higher level during mixing inside the dev station and especially at the doctor-blade gap - hard to avoid this.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Overall Impression of the MP4000/5000

We do have a handfull out here and they are nothing but trouble in this end too. I've had one with less than 100 copies on it blow the fuser clean out. We installed 6 in a plant and EVERY last one of them broke the first day upon delivery... Junk is exactly what they are. I would hope that Ricoh wouldn't let this continue or maybe they will and keep buying other businesses and deny raises to their employees for a better profit margin

We have several of them sitting in the shop waiting for repairs that are barely used.... Luckily the sales department haven't been selling many of these except for the City contracts and "the big shipping company with a lot of airplanes" can't name names...

I don't care for them....
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If anyone has one in a workshop, not being used, speak with your service manager and see if he'll let you try B079 developer What's the worst that could happen?
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (Oc'ed to 3GHz - Stock Volts)
    Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    4GB (2x 2GB) Corsair XMS Xpert II RAM
    ATi Radeon 4870 512MB GFX Card
    2x 74GB WD Raptor Sata HDD (RAID 0)
    500GB Seagate Barracuda Sata II HDD
    500GB Hitachi Sata II HDD
    600W500att OCZ PSU
    -TOTAL HDD SPACE 1148GB-