Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP6002 sc540-03

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP6002 sc540-03

Let me first set the stage.I’m not a “Ricoh” tech, I do have the manuals.
    I fully checked the fuser unit itself for continuity and ohms on the cleaning web motor. As I saw a post that even though the motor may seem ok it can be bad. I’ve replaced the cleaning web motor. The problem has returned. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
    P.S. About a month ago after school break, they had to remove the scanner glass to remove bits of chewed up paper from mice. They took care of the mice problem and the machine worked fine for a couple of weeks.
    As we’re not a “Ricoh” dealer i don’t have spare parts to use to test.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: MP6002 sc540-03

Quote Originally Posted by yakyitz View Post
    I fully checked the fuser unit itself for continuity and ohms on the cleaning web motor. As I saw a post that even though the motor may seem ok it can be bad. I’ve replaced the cleaning web motor. The problem has returned. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
    P.S. About a month ago after school break, they had to remove the scanner glass to remove bits of chewed up paper from mice. They took care of the mice problem and the machine worked fine for a couple of weeks.

SC540-03 A
    Fusing web motor error 2
    SC540-02 has occurred three times and the machine has shut down
    automatically due to failure of the web motor.
    • Web motor harness loose, broken, defective
    • Web motor disconnected
    • Web motor defective

hello, it's usually the engine (AX04 0187 DC Motor: Cleaning) this is the code in Italy, but I think it's the same even in your parts, you can try to see if it works by disassembling and connecting to a normal transformer / charger 5.0v for switch or else (I used one of a small d-link switch) or batteries, you can also remove the cloth and see if it works without, and then I heard someone (I never did) who had problems with the set of plastic gears that make the reduction, basically: once you have verified that the motor powered by just spinning, put a finger inside the gears and try to make them turn by hand, so you see if they are too hard to rotate

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP6002 sc540-03

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks Luca. But as i mentioned, Iv’e already replaced the motor

Quote Originally Posted by yakyitz View Post
    Cheat both switches of the front door.
    Take the cleaning web off of the fuser and push the fuser back into the machine while holding the web assy in your hand. SP mode 5804 055. This will tell you if the motor is moving the gearing system. If not, take the motor out of the gearing assy and try again with no load. I have seen the gearing assy bind up and just need to be disassembled and reassembled to remove the binding.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If you installed the new style motor it will short to the housing and continously run you have to change the housing or open up the slot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We ususally end up changing the complete web unit because the problem is in the gears

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MIKON View Post
    If you installed the new style motor it will short to the housing and continously run you have to change the housing or open up the slot.
    this is the part number of the motor that I replaced AX04-0187. Can you please give more detail about the housing or slot you are referring to. The motor looks identical and fit perfectly

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks Tatteous and Jonhiker. I’ll check it out and update you.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Another thing to check is the fuser connection block I.e paper gets trapped in the connector (female side) gives some really funny problems.