Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question NO RED COLOUR ON PRINTS

How are you all. I have an MP C4503 machine that is not printing in red. I have checked the Magenta toner hopper and it is fine. If I do forced toner supply:M the machine adds toner. But after a few copies runs out of the magenta toner in the dev unit. Toner end detection is enabled and toner near end is set at 0 (Counter& Toner End Sensor) What could be causing this. The magenta dev unit is ok and fairly new as it has done only 90k. I have attached samples of the printouts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: NO RED COLOUR ON PRINTS

Hi there!
    Look at the black back-plate of the pcdu. Thereīs a tiny cooper-plate installed. If itīs dirty or bend this problem could occur.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Re: NO RED COLOUR ON PRINTS

Quote Originally Posted by nokktekk View Post
    How are you all. I have an MP C4503 machine that is not printing in red. I have checked the Magenta toner hopper and it is fine. If I do forced toner supply:M the machine adds toner. But after a few copies runs out of the magenta toner in the dev unit. Toner end detection is enabled and toner near end is set at 0 (Counter& Toner End Sensor) What could be causing this. The magenta dev unit is ok and fairly new as it has done only 90k. I have attached samples of the printouts.
    I have encountered the same problem. What the user did was they interchanged the toners that is why that same problem occurs. What I did, i printed whole page of red, blue, yellow and black. With that procedure, you can easily determine which color is having a problem. For example, there is problem in magenta section....All you have to do is to print only magenta until you obtain the required color. It's like you are draining the incorrect toner inside the development unit.Or, use conversion of color...for example, you have full page of black...Use black to convert it to magenta....Do it several times until you obtain good magenta color.
    Last edited by sharpmind; 08-01-2018 at 07:14 PM.