What do you think about acquiring a reconditioned used C751ex equipment?

What do they think if they were particular users in buying a used Rich C751EX?
    Is this good? Is it a very old machine?
    I clarify this for a user who has a low monthly production, far from a technical service (400 km) a place where there is no competition in this type of machines.
    This user does not get to buy a Ricoh C9100 and wants to start with some equipment of similar characteristics in terms of capacity and quality of printing, registration, duplex, etc.
    According to the distributor, these machines supposedly enter the country (Argentina) of export and the same distributor is responsible for choosing them in the USA.
    Are they very old machines? Can you walk for a while? What should I keep in mind when reviewing it?
    Otherwise, I would have to go to a new machine, smaller, but with a high cost of copying, bad registration, problems with 300 grs paper, etc.
    What opinion can you give me about this?
    Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What do you think about acquiring a reconditioned used C751ex equipment?

Re: What do you think about acquiring a reconditioned used C751ex equipment?

The C751EX needs frequent service, not a very good machine at all. With the customer being far from the servicing location, it's not going to work out very well.

[QUOTE = anothertech; 693666] El C751EX necesita un servicio frecuente, no es una máquina muy buena. Con el cliente lejos de la ubicación de servicio, no va a funcionar muy bien. [/ QUOTE]

I appreciate your response.
    On the other hand I ask you, what kind of frequent attention do you need?
    Change of parties? Cleaning? Adjustments?
    Do you think basic maintenance I could not do it?
    Many years ago I work with offset machines, laser, printing plooter, etc and I always do the maintenance of them, never technical but I understand that this type of machines must have certain complications.
    Do you think it is impossible for someone who has certain knowledge and is given tomorrow to solve problems?
    Sorry ignorance, but there are people who are very persevering in what we do and try to make things with the few resources we have.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I dont think you are explaining what type of account you want to place this machine.
    Most of my accounts in usa are never going to do any work outside os adding paper,toners and
    pulling a jam out.
    There are a few who are mechanical and will go further.
    I use to service copy shops and always kept a "parts machine" at site so
    they could run 24 hours if needed and just pull from the parts unit.
    You are in a different country and a different way of doing things so
    I think if you want an honest answer you need to explain why this account can
    handle or will handle more than routine service.

Reglanet....If you are not trained in this train, sure (Like Maradadona says) L.T.A....if you are Aregentinian sure you will understand...for others ...it´s like a not good idea deals with this machine

Quote Originally Posted by trc View Post
    Reglanet....If you are not trained in this train, sure (Like Maradadona says) L.T.A....if you are Aregentinian sure you will understand...for others ...it´s like a not good idea deals with this machine

I understand, this machine is not a good idea if a nearby technical service is not available.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by reglanet View Post
    I understand, this machine is not a good idea if a nearby technical service is not available.
    Thank you
    plus it seems your source has no problem unloading a machine that could prove to be a headache..
    hey you wanna buy some MPC305 units,they look great but......

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    plus it seems your source has no problem unloading a machine that could prove to be a headache..
    hey you wanna buy some MPC305 units,they look great but......

Sorry, I did not understand what you wanted to say.

it was a joke..
    I have to assume port of departure for you would be Miami?