Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C6502 "Project"

MP C6502 "Project"

Good Afternoon gang,

I've got a "Project" I need to deal with tomorrow, and need to get some suggestions as to what to look out for.

I have a C6502 with a SC442 error. I've already got the replacement motor for the ITB (NOT looking forward to that part of the job), but in the process of diagnosing the issue the "Coil Cord Support Tray" that attaches to the right side of the transport unit got broken.

I'm just wondering if anyone's ever replaced one of those, and if so are there any shortcuts... or things I should be aware of?

I'm also going to be hitting it tomorrow late morning SOLO, so if I should have an assist with this one, let me know right away so I can re-route one of my other techs for help.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MP C6502 "Project"

Re: MP C6502 "Project"

yes, I have done this before. It isn't too bad a job and you only need but one person. You will need to dig in some to get to the motor, but it was not difficult. Tech bulletin 144

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C6502 "Project"

Re: MP C6502 "Project"

Quote Originally Posted by eddy out View Post
    yes, I have done this before. It isn't too bad a job and you only need but one person. You will need to dig in some to get to the motor, but it was not difficult. Tech bulletin 144

Thanks for that.... I already had TB144....but appreciate the confirmation. I was more concerned about replacing the coil cord tray on the right though....how much of a nuisance does that become?