Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Cant reset cleaning unit message

Re: Cant reset cleaning unit message

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the lube bars in the pcu cleaning units have end detection tabs, and sensors on them so that you can't just reset the counters to clear the message? I think you can bend the tabs away from the sensor actuators and then clear the counters. It can cause damage to the drums if the lube bar wears to metal so it's not recommended to do this. It's what i remember from the c6502s, but it's been a long time since I've worked on one.
    Totoro

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Cant reset cleaning unit message

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the lube bars in the pcu cleaning units have end detection tabs, and sensors on them so that you can't just reset the counters to clear the message? I think you can bend the tabs away from the sensor actuators and then clear the counters. It can cause damage to the drums if the lube bar wears to metal so it's not recommended to do this. It's what i remember from the c6502s, but it's been a long time since I've worked on one.
    That's why I asked what the exact message was. The sensors are actually open contact switches that are actuated by tabs sticking up on the back of the lube bars. There was a bulletin about them sticking and what to check. If you do not check or do not reassemble correctly, they will stay in contact.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Gets my vote.
    Even if the lub.bar is replaced, it sometimes needs to clear pm for the individual parts in the cl.unit to get the pm message to vanish.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

there are two sensors under coating bar right and left side might one of them is stuck ,you need to unlock them by your finger,it happened once with me
    it will work with you after that for sure

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You can also disconnect one end of both sensors and rap them with electrical tape, so it doesn't short. Had to do that to a worn out sensor, until the replacement came in.

Red face Re: Cant reset cleaning unit message

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Are you resetting the 7622 pm counters or 3701.
    Legend 3701 did the trick. Thanks for the help