Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2045 scan

Goto Ricoh-USA.com/download put your model in search and select manuals it's says smtp server is under file transfer in system settings

geseymour

CopierMan,
    I did find the SMTP settings in the area that you stated on the copier itself. I started entering information straight into the copier a week ago, but found it easier to enter using the WIM. The WIM menu and the copier have different layouts. Sorry for the confusion. I have been all over the copier and the WIM menu, with no success. I can ping the DNS IP addresses and they come back successful. I can test the SMTP settings with the port 25 and it is also sucessful. I used the same information on the copier settings that I used in the Outlook settings and that e-mail works fine. Do you have a Print List from a copier that works? I could see that report to compare to the listing that I have.

Regards,
    Gary

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi I am having scanning issue also.

the scan to folder has 5 users. E.G:

ScanUser1
    ScanUser2
    ScanUser3
    ScanUser4
    ScanUser5

When I do a test scan to folder: the scanning report shows:

ScanUser1 = transmitted
    ScanUser2 = “Sending the data has failed. The data will be resent later.”
    ScanUser3,4,5= "Sending the data has failed. To confirm the result, check [Scanned Files Status].

I had check all the setting of the copier, the network and the PC It seems like everything is ok.

But if I do test connection in the scan to folder or browse network. it seems like there's not such network.

What could be the problem?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2045 scan

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Hi I am having scanning issue also.

the scan to folder has 5 users. E.G:

ScanUser1
    ScanUser2
    ScanUser3
    ScanUser4
    ScanUser5

When I do a test scan to folder: the scanning report shows:

ScanUser1 = transmitted
    ScanUser2 = “Sending the data has failed. The data will be resent later.”
    ScanUser3,4,5= "Sending the data has failed. To confirm the result, check [Scanned Files Status].

I had check all the setting of the copier, the network and the PC It seems like everything is ok.

But if I do test connection in the scan to folder or browse network. it seems like there's not such network.

What could be the problem?
    First of all, the way I understand your post is that it is successful to 'scanuser1"? Is that right?
    Secondly, is the machine actually a 2045? because only the 2045E version supports SMB scanning, otherwise you need that old, out-dated, obsolete, 'scanrouter' software
    Thirdly, if it is actually an E version, and you're trying to scan to Win 7 or newer, give up, walk away, it's a no go

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2045 scan

Quote Originally Posted by mkopoiuy View Post
    I am getting a warning that sending has failed and that data will be resent later. Can you please tell me what that means and what should I do.
    Check the SMTP server setup. Check the authenication requirements of the SMTP server. If SMTP over SSL is required, I believe that the 2045 is too old to do SMTP over SSL. In that case, you will have to setup a computer as a relay using Stunnel or some other email relay software.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    First of all, the way I understand your post is that it is successful to 'scanuser1"? Is that right?
    Secondly, is the machine actually a 2045? because only the 2045E version supports SMB scanning, otherwise you need that old, out-dated, obsolete, 'scanrouter' software
    Thirdly, if it is actually an E version, and you're trying to scan to Win 7 or newer, give up, walk away, it's a no go
    Hi, I had just double checked the client's machine. From the webmonitor it says 2045E, Could I know why it's a no go for win 7 scan?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Hi, I had just double checked the client's machine. From the webmonitor it says 2045E, Could I know why it's a no go for win 7 scan?
    I know you can't browse to folder on copier to a windows 7 computer. Try inputting folder path manually also make sure you have info in folder authenticate. If doesn't work then you need to update firmware cause smb protocol is different in window7

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2045 scan

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    I know you can't browse to folder on copier to a windows 7 computer. Try inputting folder path manually also make sure you have info in folder authenticate. If doesn't work then you need to update firmware cause smb protocol is different in window7
    As sandmanmac indicated, there is no firmware for Win 7 or later OS's. If you must scan to folder, you will have to use FTP.