Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Wink Re: ricoh customer engineer tool

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    ...rest assured somewhere out there is a customer or two who has the capability

The checking with the Customer, I think was to make sure they didn't ring up and ask what this app they could not use was.

OH, So True...

Thumbs up Re: ricoh customer engineer tool

I finally got a moment to load this up on a 4504 earlier and I quite like it, password protected which in theory only Ricoh techs should be able to access it until some idiot blabs it out loud and in a few years lots of nosey people will know how to use it. The fact it can show jam locations and amounts in picture format is so much quicker than checking logs against code numbers (I am useless at remembering jam code locations). I think the output mode feature is good but it needs a bit more work, it's slightly fiddly zooming in to certain areas without accidentally pressing one of them.
    A really good tool to show new techs though as I'll be taking on a trainee in the coming months I will show him how easy it is to find jam locations etc.
    I would say as well either put it on the 3rd page along so customers are less likely to find it, or even just don't put it on any home screens and go into the widgets/apps bit, and do it that way, deleting it afterwards. It is definitely not for customers at all, they could really f*ck something up pressing random outputs motors on dev units and such.
    Worth having a go if you have a spare 20 mins to load up firmware and searching through the app
    It gets a thumbs up from me

Re: ricoh customer engineer tool

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Its a step forward but unless it has been updated recently the fact you can't change the password. Well with out changing other passwords, for me is a concern. I haven't noticed much the nosey Customer can do which will cause harm or chaos in the app but rest assured somewhere out there is a customer or two who has the capability

The checking with the Customer, I think was to make sure they didn't ring up and ask what this app they could not use was.
    One other thing we've been doing to avoid this is bury the icon in a place that they can't find it OR just leave the App icon in the Applications section.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

hy

i installed the tool on a MP3504, but the app starts in Japanese, i tried to play with it using google lens to find language options, but i found nothing......how can i swith the language in this app??
    Memento Audere Semper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Codex, you must use the change-language-button & switch to english, then the tool is in english too. There are only japanese & english language availible (until now).
    Greetings...

The machine is set to italian.... You mean i have to switch it to english?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Yep!!! I´m in germany, have the same issue: other language then english - CESA "speaks" japanese...
    Greetings...

Ok thank you!

Memento Audere Semper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh customer engineer tool

there is no need to private message me asking for me to send you this tool. if you are an authorized ricoh tech. then you can go onto the website and download it.... if you are not an authorized tech. then guess what.....

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    there is no need to private message me asking for me to send you this tool. if you are an authorized ricoh tech. then you can go onto the website and download it.... if you are not an authorized tech. then guess what.....
    Yes i'm an authorized ricoh tech... But i've never heard about it here. I learned it's in the firmware download site... I tried it last week. Sorry for the pm.... But i thought it was a kind of "experimental prototype only avaiable in the US"

Memento Audere Semper