Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh customer engineer tool

this is a new tool from ricoh. has anyone had a chance to use it yet? if you have, how well does it work?
    rfg081037 is a demo of the tool. looks very promising if it works as described.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: ricoh customer engineer tool

rfg08059 is a bulletin is announcing the release of the Customer Engineer Tool. It includes a table of the following supported models
    MP C2004/C2504/C3004/C3504/C4504/C5504/C6004
    MP C2004ex/C2504ex/C3004ex/C3504ex/C4504ex/C5504ex/C6004ex
    IM C2000/C2500/C3000/C3500/C4500/C5500/C6000
    and the required firmware for each model.

yeah i have the info. but wondering has anyone used it yet? and how well it works? i am about to do my first stall of the APP on a test machine at the office. just looking for feedback on if it's any good or not? if anyone has had issues. it sounds really good in theory, but you know.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    yeah i have the info. but wondering has anyone used it yet? and how well it works? i am about to do my first stall of the APP on a test machine at the office. just looking for feedback on if it's any good or not? if anyone has had issues. it sounds really good in theory, but you know.
    We have been installing the app on all applicable models since Ricoh made it available. It seems as though it will be very useful and efficient as it becomes necessary for our field techs to trouble shoot with. It is basically a graphical interface to access many of the service mode tools already present, but in a much more "at your fingertips" way of finding which tools you would like to use. There are a couple more nice features too. Definitely recommend loading it up and practicing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    We have been installing the app on all applicable models since Ricoh made it available. It seems as though it will be very useful and efficient as it becomes necessary for our field techs to trouble shoot with. It is basically a graphical interface to access many of the service mode tools already present, but in a much more "at your fingertips" way of finding which tools you would like to use. There are a couple more nice features too. Definitely recommend loading it up and practicing with it.
    yeah i installed it on my first machine. and have kinda navigated around a bit looking at everything. looks like it will be very handy for us techs to use out in the field. i especially like the option where you can see the motors and turn those on or off. plus how it shows the locations of the paper jams and how many have occurred in that spot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Hello

Can someone post the rfg08059 here?.i cant find it on Ricoh Italy, only Remote Support tool or remote assistant.

Thank you
    Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello

Can someone post the rfg08059 here?.i cant find it on Ricoh Italy, only Remote Support tool or remote assistant.

Thank you
    I think that is a American bulletin so us Europeans will not normally see on My ricoh.com

RUK helpdesk told us the File can be found here they did supply a PDF at the time but the information on how to use and what it CESA is. Is all in the new IMC Service manual to use CESA. https://www.my-ricoh.com/Portal/Publ...c49#DetailsTab

Locally we have been advised to make sure you get the customers permission to have on the device and be careful where if at all its permanently installed on a MFP. As the Password, well I won't type it on here but once it is know means the end user can access.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you're having trouble finding the tool:
    Go to the IM C2000 firmware download page, it's under "custom firmware", Download it, and put the "app" folder with the zipped contents on the root of SD card, insert card into slot on screen, go into panel service mode --> Apps --> Install from SD card (takes about thirty seconds). Then you can play around with it, that's what I had to do, could find limited info on it.

word of advice make sure your firmware is up-to-date. and that the model you are installing on is in the compatibility list. we are gonna just install it on all of our machines before we take to the customer. as far as customer access, you can't access what i don't get you the password for.... personally i don't think a customer needs to mess with that. that should be for techs. no idea why they even named it customer, it should have been tech. engineer tool. but just playing around with it a bit in house seems like a really good troubleshooter to use. that fact it shows a diagram of the copier and where all jams are located and how many have occurred in that area. plus i can look at voltage and fuser temp. plus i can turn on and off motors and such to see if they are operational is nice. i was working with it to get more familiar and was even able to turn the scan lamp on and off. i just hope that whenever a real issue occurs i will still be able to access the app. on screen. hmmmmm seems i have said some of these things already, but yeah nice app for troubleshooting.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    word of advice make sure your firmware is up-to-date. and that the model you are installing on is in the compatibility list. we are gonna just install it on all of our machines before we take to the customer. as far as customer access, you can't access what i don't get you the password for.... personally i don't think a customer needs to mess with that. that should be for techs. no idea why they even named it customer, it should have been tech. engineer tool. but just playing around with it a bit in house seems like a really good troubleshooter to use. that fact it shows a diagram of the copier and where all jams are located and how many have occurred in that area. plus i can look at voltage and fuser temp. plus i can turn on and off motors and such to see if they are operational is nice. i was working with it to get more familiar and was even able to turn the scan lamp on and off. i just hope that whenever a real issue occurs i will still be able to access the app. on screen. hmmmmm seems i have said some of these things already, but yeah nice app for troubleshooting.
    Its a step forward but unless it has been updated recently the fact you can't change the password. Well with out changing other passwords, for me is a concern. I haven't noticed much the nosey Customer can do which will cause harm or chaos in the app but rest assured somewhere out there is a customer or two who has the capability

The checking with the Customer, I think was to make sure they didn't ring up and ask what this app they could not use was.