Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RICOH MP 5000 NETWORK

HI EVERYONE.. I was got stuckup with network issue in ricoh mp 5000b.. let me explain this.. Actually i have configured a ricoh mp 5000 in a customer place.. the customers network environment consists of different range of IPs and subnets.. 192.168.35.xx and 192.168.37.xx.. these are the two ranges and i need to configure print, scan functions for both ip range users.. when i configured the machines address with 192.168.35.xx series scan to folder is working with 192.168.35.xx series users and 192.168.37.xx users are not able to access scan.. similarly when i assign the machines ip in 192.168.37.xx series same range users are able to access scan to folder and anothr set of users who are all using 192.168.35.xx series ip are not able to access scan to folder..

apart from this print function, pinging and web image monitoring are able to access from both the ip ranges..

as per my knowledge what i have guessed is

[1] ricoh 5000b is an outdated model and firmware is dated upto 2012 only, after that no firmware release from ricoh side... so its not supporting.. (still HP printers in that same network environment are supporting scan to folder for both ip ranges)

[2] possibly because of some network issue which i wasnot clear

kindly give soln..
    thanks in advance

Re: RICOH MP 5000 NETWORK

Router issue contact their IT to resolve

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Router issue contact their IT to resolve

sir can u explain it forr me.. because the IT is providing BULLSHIT support.. as a copier tech i was supposed to fix this.. likewise he isplaying drama

Subnet issue , easy fix have all pc's and copier on same ipaddress scheme

Seen this before usually on enterprise size companies Multiple subnets will work but their IT must make the changes

Not a copier issue

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP 5000 NETWORK

I had a customer that was a school district with 7 separate campuses plus the district office, each having a different sub-net. The only time I had scanning problems was when I misspelled the domain name. The only network setting that their IT had supplied that was different from what you would normally make was to use a sub net mask of 255.255.0.0 instead of the default of 255.255.255.0. This allows connecting to any IP address in either the third or fourth octet and not just the fourth. If their IT did not tell you this, they need a new IT.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Not saying it will not work but it has been my experience that SMB from an MFP does not work well across subnets. I have seen it work. Best thing would be email for scanning. If IT is of no help in helping you to get the machine working they need to hire a new IT company.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP 5000 NETWORK

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    Not saying it will not work but it has been my experience that SMB from an MFP does not work well across subnets. I have seen it work. Best thing would be email for scanning. If IT is of no help in helping you to get the machine working they need to hire a new IT company.
    In most cases, domain name and sub-net mask is the cause. The very first security update effecting SMB that Microsoft put out blocked files transfers from outside the domain or in the absence of a domain the sub-net mask.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billabong87 View Post
    HI EVERYONE.. I was got stuckup with network issue in ricoh mp 5000b.. let me explain this.. Actually i have configured a ricoh mp 5000 in a customer place.. the customers network environment consists of different range of IPs and subnets.. 192.168.35.xx and 192.168.37.xx.. these are the two ranges and i need to configure print, scan functions for both ip range users.. when i configured the machines address with 192.168.35.xx series scan to folder is working with 192.168.35.xx series users and 192.168.37.xx users are not able to access scan.. similarly when i assign the machines ip in 192.168.37.xx series same range users are able to access scan to folder and anothr set of users who are all using 192.168.35.xx series ip are not able to access scan to folder..

apart from this print function, pinging and web image monitoring are able to access from both the ip ranges..

[1] ricoh 5000b is an outdated model and firmware is dated upto 2012 only, after that no firmware release from ricoh side... so its not supporting.. (still HP printers in that same network environment are supporting scan to folder for both ip ranges)

kindly give soln..
    thanks in advance
    You will need a router to connect the two IP ranges, that is what a router is designed to do; assuming they are physical networks. If they are subnets, then it is best for the IT to use the full range subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP 5000 NETWORK

Quote Originally Posted by ridgemill View Post
    You will need a router to connect the two IP ranges, that is what a router is designed to do; assuming they are physical networks. If they are subnets, then it is best for the IT to use the full range subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
    Wrong. 255.255.255.0 will only allow connecting without a router to IP addresses that are different on the 4th octet, not 3rd and 4th.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Billabong87 View Post

kindly give soln..
    thanks in advance

What version of windows are they running on the server? after Windows latest security features SMB1 protocol is disabled in Windows and I'm guessing the MP 5000 doesn't do SMB 2 or 3?
    NO firmware to help with that - IT would need to enable SMB1 or setup a WIndows 7 somewhere on the network to scan to