Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 4503 Office 365 (Business) Scan

To follow up on zaxxons advice. I just had a IT guy the other day say 'if I create a scans user account I will have to charge the customer because they pay per account'
    I'm sure not all IT companies will do this but maybe ask the question if you request a new user account, failing that use any other account they will have 1 per person any way

Does the SMTP connection test work?

Can you set your laptop to the same IP as the copiers then use telnet to send an email using the same configuration as the copier. Telnet should offer an explanation if it fails. I have had to do this before to prove the copier was not at fault.

99% chance of network being at fault. I have never had to adjust any TLS or such settings.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    To follow up on zaxxons advice. I just had a IT guy the other day say 'if I create a scans user account I will have to charge the customer because they pay per account'
    I'm sure not all IT companies will do this but maybe ask the question if you request a new user account, failing that use any other account they will have 1 per person any way

IT doesn't charge Office 365 charges for every account license

bsm2: It's just how he worded it, either way there would be a charge for creating an extra account, that is all I was trying to make him aware of.
    Not pinpointing the IT guy personally as if he was taking the money it's just how he said it

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    bsm2: It's just how he worded it, either way there would be a charge for creating an extra account, that is all I was trying to make him aware of.
    Not pinpointing the IT guy personally as if he was taking the money it's just how he said it

No worries , just getting the information out

scan to email will work with correct settings that the customer HAS TO SUPPLY to you. MS keeps making changes to correct there faults. MS doesn't care if they break smb scanning or email as long as there side works.