Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or so.

Re: Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Re-route the wiring to the web drive motor. If the ground side rubs through the insulation and makes intermittent contact with the frame, the motor will run during that time.
    I had a Savin 8075, Ricoh MP 7500, where the harness going to the web end switch was rubbing on a screw head for the bottom plate of the fusing unit. It would cause the machine to report a web end and disable. Put some spiral wrap around it and no more problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) instead of 450k or

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I had a Savin 8075, Ricoh MP 7500, where the harness going to the web end switch was rubbing on a screw head for the bottom plate of the fusing unit. It would cause the machine to report a web end and disable. Put some spiral wrap around it and no more problem.

hi Slim, this explains why the previous time the 9002 signaled "web exhausted" instead of disassembling I saw the web that was physically in half and the SP signaled 60%

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Check SP1-903 to see if its on.

The web is designed to turn on after printing 7 pages or more.

If the above SP code is turned on the web will turn on all the time and leave a film of oil over both the hot roller and pressure roller. It will also cause the exact same issue as you have mentioned and get used up extremely quickly.

I cant comment on aftermarket parts as we have no supplier of them here in Australia and must use genuine parts only

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp9002 cleaning web finished after only 57k print (!!!) [CLOSED/SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi Slim, this explains why the previous time the 9002 signaled "web exhausted" instead of disassembling I saw the web that was physically in half and the SP signaled 60%

Hi everyone, I bet you had forgotten ...lol, joke, I know you have full balls ...
    I waited a long time before thinking that the discussion could be closed, and to be sure the problem was solved.
    therefore:
    I have meticulously inspected all the cable routing of the fuser unit, mm by mm, no anomaly found, the contacts of the web advance motor do not touch anywhere on the frame.
    on the occasion of interventions for other models at the customer, I passed every time to take a look at the consumtion web on this martini, and in fact the consumption of the cloth is now consistent with the performance.
    conclusion:
    for me, since they are machines that tend to stay on all the time, and we all know how good it is to restart an electronic so sophisticated from time to time, it must have been some spike in the power line that caused some sort of "glich" in the electronics of the mc, as when in the hulk film the gamma radiation machine no longer responded to commands and consequently the management of the web and who knows what else went to whore, and it was enough to restart it after the new web and started counting correctly.

see you soon