Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color Run

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Color Run

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I had one that would not hold for more than a day or two also, ended up replacing the ITB assy.
    I concur but have not seen it on this particular unit/design. The older ones (ie 5000,5501,5502) I have seen it a few times. Usually I can clean the big drive roller really good and replace the belt though.

The newer design I have only replaced the belt a handful of times. They last a long time, even past pm time normally. Normally they rip or shred down the side as a typical failure in my experience. I always replace the cleaning unit regularly, they are weak and get full of fuzz and start streaking.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Toner underneath the transfer belt does it as well.
    A pcdu goes overlife and dumps on the ITB...tech changes PCDU but now the colors are misaligned due to slippage from excess toner inside the ITB assy.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

the faulty MPC5503 actually at my office with another unit of MPC5503. we did try to clean up the ID sensor, at SP Mode we try to do Force Line Adjustment according the step (we make it done for other MPC). still the same.
    We exchange LD, ITB Unit, Magneta PCU one by one with the good MPC5503. Still the same. (All parts from the faulty unit install at the good one with no problem at all). For this case, the Magneta color bar is running difference way, left and right even after we manually adjust it.
    Changing the broad is the last one we try and the print out back to normal with the original parts.

Thanks for the sharing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You say you tried to clean ID sensor does that mean you could not get it clean?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

the only time we have broken boards on a ricoh is when a road worker has tear through a power cable in the direct neighborhood of the company. And when that had happend, it is a inssurance issue...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Color Run

Quote Originally Posted by xlbizs View Post
    the faulty MPC5503 actually at my office with another unit of MPC5503. we did try to clean up the ID sensor, at SP Mode we try to do Force Line Adjustment according the step (we make it done for other MPC). still the same.
    We exchange LD, ITB Unit, Magneta PCU one by one with the good MPC5503. Still the same. (All parts from the faulty unit install at the good one with no problem at all). For this case, the Magneta color bar is running difference way, left and right even after we manually adjust it.
    Changing the broad is the last one we try and the print out back to normal with the original parts.

Thanks for the sharing.
    Exactly how did you "try" to clean the ID sensor assembly? If you did not do it correctly, you may have damaged the sensors.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Color Run

Quote Originally Posted by xlbizs View Post
    Changing the broad is the last one we try
    Last time I tried changing my broad, she got pissed and left. Not sure if it fixed anything, but it sure is quieter now.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING