Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    c3503 portrait registration

any port in the portrait orientation, the side to side reg is off. tried 1001-002 no good. THE COPIED IMAGE IS SHIFTED TOWARDS THE LEFT SIDE OF PAGE. landscaped seems to be fine in bypass and tray 2. Portriat in those 2 trays are off like tray 1. Im stumped. any ideas. TYVM

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: c3503 portrait registration

Here is what i do. make sure each tray that side rails are align correctly. service mode go to 2 109 3 and select 14 trim pattern press ok then press copy window and then start button will print a pattern on copy then do for each tray adjust as needed in 1 feed adjusted lead edge and each cassette for side to side . once done reset 2-109 3 to 0 and ok. then go to 4417 and 6 press ok copy window and make copy and adjust as necessary. last do doc feeder and make adjustment there. in 6 periphs hope this helps.

if side to side is way off i would say cassette side rail is problem or registration roller is not tight and letting paper slip but that usually skewing issue

Retired 10,000+ Posts

LEF, Long Edge Feed, and SEF, Short Edge Feed, as mush more useful as they refer to the orientation of the paper to the machine. Portrait and Landscape refer to the orientation of the text/graphics to the paper/observer.

Also, are you referring to the orientation of the paper in the feed trays or the originals in the doc feeder as they are adjusted in different areas of the Service Program.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well ty Mr. Helper. ok so... LEF is off on all ports.print.jpg SEF is fine on all ports. here is a pic to show you.

when printing from computer you ask for 2 sets. first set comes out of printer is correct then when it goes to print 2nd set red warning light on on and push printer button and display says mismatch paper size.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Any chance they have rotate sort mode selected and it is looking for a different orientation for the second set?

one computer i download the print driver from ricoh myself and then try make 2 sets of portrait and first set come out ok then second set show paper need to be letter R. mismatch. i did what was mention earlier turn rotate on in user tools printer feature and no more problem. I just got another copier in office and tried printing two sets and did the same thing but turn rotate in printer and works fine now.
    Last edited by COPIERMAN; 07-12-2019 at 06:37 PM.

sorry i posted in wrong thread