Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh C651ex

Technician

Ricoh C651ex

I have a n issue with a machine darkening the last 3.5 inches of the trail edge of 13x19 pages. 20190726161150309.pdf Running regular 81/2x11 color always looks fine. I have tried to follow the SM density adjustments but nothing seems to help. Everything prints out of a Firey controller, but i tried to print something from the document server and it still had the same problem. Have a 2nd machine next to this one and it hasn't had this problem, we even tried to swap parts between the two just to rule out ITB and PCDU's

This same machine is having another issue I found while working on it, I printed out a counter page to get the serial and count. I found anything that is printed from internal, the trail edge is shrunk in towards the middle of the page 20190726161000241.pdf

Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C651ex

Re: Ricoh C651ex

Quote Originally Posted by technic83 View Post
    I have a n issue with a machine darkening the last 3.5 inches of the trail edge of 13x19 pages. 20190726161150309.pdf Running regular 81/2x11 color always looks fine. I have tried to follow the SM density adjustments but nothing seems to help. Everything prints out of a Firey controller, but i tried to print something from the document server and it still had the same problem. Have a 2nd machine next to this one and it hasn't had this problem, we even tried to swap parts between the two just to rule out ITB and PCDU's
    Does this happen with all colors? As the process is write to no charge, yu might want to check the charging system, especially if it occurs with only one color.

How did the document printed from the document server get on to the document server? Was it scanned to the server or was in printed to the document server through the Fiery?

This same machine is having another issue I found while working on it, I printed out a counter page to get the serial and count. I found anything that is printed from internal, the trail edge is shrunk in towards the middle of the page 20190726161000241.pdf

Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    The attachment looks skewed to me not shrunk.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Does this happen with all colors?
    Yes is does happen with all colors.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    How did the document printed from the document server get on to the document server? Was it scanned to the server or was in printed to the document server through the Fiery?
    For this place they send all there documents to Hot Folders in the fiery. I printed it to the document server first and then printed it from there. To try and rule out the Hot Folders being an issue.

Also the skew may be from me scanning it back to my computer, had to use a wide format scanner

Technician

Finally got this one figured out. Turned out to be the PTR transfer motor, the gear that drives the unit had gotten stuck back and rusted not allowing the gear to spring back forward to drive the PTR. After replacing the shaft, prints coming out good as new.