Thread: MPC4502

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MPC4502

The original problem was sc554. The fuser belt was shredded off. I replaced the fuser with a new one with the reset fuse in it.Did sp5810-2 The sc554 did not reset. There was a bulletin to follow for this code. I checked the heat data and all but one were good so I replaced the io board and bicu. This cleared the sc544 but now I am getting a sc547-02. Which is 0 cross reference problem. I replaced the power supply and the ac driver board but no luck. I checked all connections and did not see anything off or pinched. Getting desperate I also replaced controller and ipu boards. I noticed on the controller board I replaced has had the cable ripped out of it because the connector was bent up. I left the new control board in it. Any ideas on the sc547-02 Tech support thinks its a pinched wire or something but I sure can not find it. I did check the new fuser on another copier and it works fine. I asked tech support about the thermal sensors behind the fuser and they did not think that would cause the code to pop up. Thanks for any input.

Re: MPC4502

SC544, SC554, SC564, SC574

CAUSE
    Several factors may cause this symptom.
    See the flowchart in the "Solution" section below.
    Solution
    SC544, SC554, SC564, SC574

1. Replace the fusing unit
      Impotent:
      DO NOT execute SP5-810-002 at this time.
    2. -1. Make sure the FFC (IOB-BCU) and harnesses are connected properly. See "Procedure" on next page.
      -2. Clean the thermopile
    3. Check the fusing unit temperature using SP1-106-001 to -004.
      Are all values between 0-50C?

Yes: Proceed to Step 4.
      No:
      1st cycle: Replace the IOB, BCU and FFC(IOB-BCU), and then back to Step 3.
      2nd cycle: Replace the harnesses and AC controller board, and then back to Step 3.
      3rd cycle: Consult with your Service keyperson.
    4. Execute SP5-810-002
    5. Turn the main switch OFF/ON.
      Do none of the SCs occur?

Yes: End
      No:
      1st cycle: Replace the IOB, BCU and FFC(IOB-BCU) if you have not already done so, and then back to Step 1.
      2nd cycle: Replace the harnesses and AC controller board if you have not already done so, and then back to Step 1.
      3rd cycle: Consult with your Service keyperson.

Note: The FFC and the harnesses to check are shown in the following pages.
    Procedure

1. Make sure that the harness and FFC circled in red below are connected properly (see details below). If they are not, reconnect them.

Making sure the FFC is connected properly:
      a) Make sure the two gaps are the same.

b) Make sure the edged of the IOB side connector and fold line of the FFC are parallel.

c) Check for any damage to the FFC.
      Use a loupe to check for any damage to the edges of the FFC. If you find any, replace the FFC. If there is no damage, follow the instructions in the flowchart.

2. Make sure that the harnesses marked in the photos below ("Check this") are connected properly. If they are not, reconnect them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4502

Zero Cross is a signal generated on the PSU, PSU Zero Cross Signal, and sent to the IOB. The IOB processes it and sends the AC Contro Board : Zero Cross Signal to the AC Control Board to control when during the AC cycle the lamps turn on. Use your point to point to trace the signals.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Or you have some loose connections/broken harness. Try re-seating those connectors.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for all the input. Once I looked at the schematic I followed to the connectors. I had an end pin bent down on the IO board causing the issue. I figured it was something I did to cause it. Not the first time and I am sure it wont be the last time I cause my own headache.

help me. My mpc4502 reported sc995-01 error. I have entered machiserial correctly. but still error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by birdcopy; 08-15-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4502

Quote Originally Posted by birdcopy View Post
    help me. My mpc4502 reported sc995-01 error. I have entered machiserial correctly. but still error.

ed60068645e1a2bffbf0.jpg
    First, this thread deals with a different problem. You should have started a new thread if you want help.

Second, are you too lazy to look in your service manual for this model. SC 995-01 has nothing at all to do with an incorrect serial number on this model.