Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

Re: How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I had a customer who learned that they could enter Sp then cycle power to clear false fusing error codes. What they failed to understand was that if the code returned, do not try it again. Net result was a pressure roller melted to the hot roller.
    Very common indeed. Not a bad thing if it was a one time fluctuation in power causing the code. Many customers do that after finding youtube vid on SC code reset. But often times, due to many continuous resets.....Now needs a whole new fuser unit instead of just a few parts. Fire hazard as well.
    Maybe that's the basis for requiring a reset pico fuse with the fuser sleeve unit on the newer stuff.

Customers also have a predisposition to randomly doing memory clear. You can imagine the issues after.......
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: How to enter service mode for Lanier MP C3002 and adjuest the screen back light

I think there's no setting for backlight illumination brightness. Older machines had a "contrast potentiometer/dial" wich just affected the LCD contast but these aren't available for MFPs with colour LCD as well.

Ricoh change the access code years ago because too many unauthorized individuals knew it. At the same time they also allowed the technician the ability to modify the code.
    I work for a used copier company, and I'm working on a Lanier MP C2003 that we recently picked up that won't let me go into service SP mode. I can get into the factory SP mode, just not the normal service SP mode. It's not the 107 code on this model, but I tried the new code and the old just to see, no luck.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say that the technician can modify the code, and I'm wondering if this may be the reason. I don't have a service manual if it's explained there (sorry if that makes me a pariah), so I don't know where or how to change it, or see if it's been changed. If someone could let me know I'd appreciate it.

This is my first time posting anything on this site, sorry if it's bad etiquette to ask this on a year old post, especially since it's a different question/model than the OP, but I wanted to specify this quote since it was made by an experienced user.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MikeACS View Post
    I work for a used copier company, and I'm working on a Lanier MP C2003 that we recently picked up that won't let me go into service SP mode. I can get into the factory SP mode, just not the normal service SP mode. It's not the 107 code on this model, but I tried the new code and the old just to see, no luck.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say that the technician can modify the code, and I'm wondering if this may be the reason. I don't have a service manual if it's explained there (sorry if that makes me a pariah), so I don't know where or how to change it, or see if it's been changed. If someone could let me know I'd appreciate it.

This is my first time posting anything on this site, sorry if it's bad etiquette to ask this on a year old post, especially since it's a different question/model than the OP, but I wanted to specify this quote since it was made by an experienced user.

No one will respond. There will be a new thread.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeACS View Post

Your first post and you have to dig up a thread that is almost a year old. That makes you almost a grave robber. Start your own thread.

Your first post and you have to dig up a thread that is almost a year old. That makes you almost a grave robber. Start your own thread.
    Not only bad etiquette, but almost illegal activity, got it. Didn't mean to offend anyone, I peruse old posts on this site all the time, best source of information in my opinion. I'll avoid doing this in the future, have a great rest of your day.