Technician

New problem after replacing PCU

20190823_154100.jpg
    I replaced the cyan PCU on my Lanier 525c. This did solve the original CQ issue but now there is this new issue. From this image, did I do something incorrectly or did I miss something? The white splotches also appear when printing in BW.

This machine is a cheap Craigslist find that I need to nurse along until something better becomes available. Work is piling up and customers are getting antsy. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by rightbrained; 08-24-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: New problem after replacing PCU

Time to spend some money, update the old beast or get a trained tech with lots of parts.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Remove and check Image Transfer Belt, check Paper Transfer Unit for broken parts/missing springs also.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Replacement of costly parts without idea what to do to solve CQ problems sounds like no-no plan.
    Your customers will be pissed for a reason. As others said move on for better choice.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rightbrained View Post
    20190823_154100.jpg
    I replaced the cyan PCU on my Lanier 525c. This did solve the original CQ issue but now there is this new issue. From this image, did I do something incorrectly or did I miss something? The white splotches also appear when printing in BW.

This machine is a cheap Craigslist find that I need to nurse along until something better becomes available. Work is piling up and customers are getting antsy. Any help would be appreciated.
    hi, it would seem a problem in the ITB unit, in particular I would check the small springs and the various rollers that push the belt against the drums, and already that there are the ground laminations around the ITB