Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MP 4002 FAX Reduction not working

Ricoh MP 4002 fax auto reduction is on but when it receives a legal size doc it prints on legal paper or if legal is not available it prints on 2 81/2 x 11's.

Re: MP 4002 FAX Reduction not working

Some machines the setting change will not change until you reboot machine. unplug it for 30 seconds and power it back up

Also check
    Fax Tray Prty.

With the same size of paper loaded into multiple trays, you can make the machine use one tray for one function and another tray for another function.

For example, you may load white A4 paper into tray 1 to use when making copies, and yellow A4 paper into tray 2 to use when printing received faxes. You can then easily identify for which purpose paper has been output.

Tray 1

Tray 2

Bypass Tray

Auto

If you enable this function, received documents are printed on the sheet that has the highest priority.

The default setting is “Tray 1”.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Recheck the parameter settings switch 10 bit 3
    Aye! Cut the crap

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Everything is set correctly. The only additional info is that this problem occurs when jobs are sent via fax servers. It's not just one fax server it is multiple fax servers. I can not say it is all fax servers but at least 5 or 6.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I would suspect the fax server is sending extra blank lines, not allowing the MFP to properly reduce.

I had a similar issue a few years ago, but I was supporting the RightFax server, not the MFP side.

There were a handful of MFPs that had all kinds of receive issues; I asked but never did get answers about the makes and models, although I suspect they were all the same, as it was multiple locations for the same company.

Turned out that the fax modem that RightFax was using needed a firmware update. There was a compatibility issue between it and only certain fax devices.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins