Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

scan to gmail settings Ricoh mpc3003

We can receive and send mails from the gmail account...
    The firmware is updated.

But in the google account
    the mpc3003 needs a password with the "Two step verification" (in my google account that comes with verification code), but it is not clear to me which precise setting we much choose that will gives us this password. So, that is the problem.
    I have put "access for less secured apps" in the Google account to "on" (that was easy)

Can you help?

Machine settings are all set well (i guess?):
    “administrator email” entered // ping smpt server ok // ping dns ok.
    “smtp.gmail.com” // “465” port // "smtp authentication" put to “on” and secured with the google account log in // “smtp authentic emailadress” and “- User name” both (the same) gmail address // “TLS 1.2” is active

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: scan to gmail settings Ricoh mpc3003

Right below the smtp server is a switch to turn on SSL. This must be on, just changing port to 465 doesn't work. All other settings sound OK

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This is machine is not capable of "Two Step verification". This needs to be disabled in the account.

"Use Less Secure Apps" also needs to be enabled. If this cannot be done on this account for security reasons setup an account specifically for the machine.

I also prefer to use port 587 instead of 465.

On occasion you have to confirm a security alert the first time an email is sent from the copier. Sometimes after creating the account Google detects the copier as trying to improperly use that email account. Just approve it and all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Right below the smtp server is a switch to turn on SSL. This must be on, just changing port to 465 doesn't work. All other settings sound OK

forgotten to mention, yes, this setting is on

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    forgotten to mention, yes, this setting is on
    I second the post above. 2 step must be disabled as well as allow less secure apps on. I usually setup a "dummy" Gmail account for scanning purposes only so the customer real account can stay as secure as possible.

The firmware is updated.

the mpc3003 needs a password with the "Two step verification" (in my google account that comes with verification code), but it is not clear to me which precise setting we much choose that will gives us this password. So, that is the problem.
    I have put "access for less secured apps" in the Google account to "on" (that was easy)

Can you help?

“smtp.gmail.com” // “465” port // "smtp authentication" put to “on” and secured with the google account log in // “smtp authentic emailadress” and “- User name” both (the same) gmail address // “TLS 1.2” is active

Allow Less Secure Apps- Turn on.
    2-Step Verification- Turn off.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

But in the google account the mpc3003 needs a password with the "Two step verification" (in my google account that comes with verification code), but it is not clear to me which precise setting we much choose that will gives us this password.
    "Two step verification" has to do with logging in to the account from as computer. To change it, access your account and click on the gear symbol and select Settings. Select Other Google Account Settings under Accounts and Import. Select Security.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Once you've sent a test scan what error does the machine show?

Try turning on DHCP let the machine pull all the network details & try another scan then add 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS server.

The first time you set this up scanning will fail every time until you have logged into that gmail account & set the MPC3003 as a safe sender.

You should get an email asking "did you log in to this account on this IP address" etc you need to confirm this or it will never scan.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

The firmware is updated.

Can you help?

try to send an email and let it go in error, check the system registry in WIM, you will find your failed attempt with date, time, etc, with the exact error message specified, then apply the appropriate changes in the settings.
    if there are errors like: 000xfabd..bla..bla..bla, or other strange server response... copy and paste on google and you will find immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Once you've sent a test scan what error does the machine show?

Try turning on DHCP let the machine pull all the network details & try another scan then add 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS server.

The first time you set this up scanning will fail every time until you have logged into that gmail account & set the MPC3003 as a safe sender.

You should get an email asking "did you log in to this account on this IP address" etc you need to confirm this or it will never scan.
    Dear Copier Tech,
    The DNS 8.8.8.8 was already set. I will follow your procedure, but how do i put mpc3003 as a safe sender in the gmail account?
    Thanks for your help