Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: scan to gmail settings Ricoh mpc3003

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Right if the scan left the copier you have resolved the issue.

Theres always a short delay also check the junk mail folder.
    no junky's in here

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    scan to gmail settings Ricoh mpc3003

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Right if the scan left the copier you have resolved the issue.

Theres always a short delay also check the junk mail folder.
    Also check the senders email. If the sender domain and authentication domain do not match, or the destination inbox is full or does not exist, the email will be deleted and a rejection notice will be sent to the sender.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Also check the senders email. If the sender domain and authentication domain do not match, or the destination inbox is full or does not exist, the email will be deleted and a rejection notice will be sent to the sender.
    I know what you mean, but the mpc3003 says: "completed" 100% transmission.
    So, the inbox on the PC is the problem.
    Tommorrow i will check the settings in the Google - and gmail account again.
    I'll keep you informed.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    scan to gmail settings Ricoh mpc3003

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I know what you mean, but the mpc3003 says: "completed" 100% transmission.
    So, the inbox on the PC is the problem.
    Tommorrow i will check the settings in the Google - and gmail account again.
    I'll keep you informed.
    And with all the conditions I mentioned, that's what the MFP will display. All those occur after the SMTP server has received the file and is attempting to send it on.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

i have configured mpc3503 at my shop for gmail scanning and when i deliver that unit to an account email scan fails.
    I ususally just have to log on to my gmail account at customers location and will get the gmail warning of said log attempt.
    I reply it was me etc etc and then go back to copier and scan to email"always use my personal email address to recv test scan.
    Some customers have their email accnt screwed up and create a new problem i have neither time nor desire to riddle out...........

Very bussy now, tomorrow i'll check the settings

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i have configured mpc3503 at my shop for gmail scanning and when i deliver that unit to an account email scan fails.
    I ususally just have to log on to my gmail account at customers location and will get the gmail warning of said log attempt.
    I reply it was me etc etc and then go back to copier and scan to email"always use my personal email address to recv test scan.
    Some customers have their email accnt screwed up and create a new problem i have neither time nor desire to riddle out...........
    Do not use your own account for this. Gmail saves all sent email and this can potentially leave you open for a lawsuit. Create a customized account for the copier for that specific customer. Leave them with the login and password. Also of using your account for multiple machines the account box will fill up quickly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

Just in case anyone else views this thread, I believe Google is forcing you to use 2FA now as I turned off 2FA and used the accounts password and that didnt work on a Ricoh a few days ago. What did work though is once you turn on 2FA there should be a new option below it called app password. Open that and follow the directions (I selected 'Other' and put in a generic name like copier) and it will give you a unique one time use 16 character code that you can use to authenticate (just put that 16 character password in the password field on the Ricoh) as far as I'm aware you need one app password per machine. After I did that it sent no problem. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=ThePomqueteer;810669] What did work though is once you turn on 2FA there should be a new option below it called app password.

I have opened "Authentication in 2 steps" and these are the options (with my best translation):
    Back up code // Google prompt // Authenticator-app // Back-up telephone // secure key // machines you trust.

I don't see no "app password"..., or it must be that last option ("machines you trust")?

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    Access for Less secure Apps must be turned "ON", two step authentication must be turned "OFF".

Now try this:
    SMTP server: relay.appriver.com
    Port: 2525
    SSL: Off
    Authentication: Off
    Administrator Email: set this to a know domain address. At the min everything the right of the "@" symbol must be a valid domain. An email with "@gmail.com" has not worked for us using appriver. If it still does not work the customer may have the network set to not allow email outside the network from the copier. This will need to be fixed by the customer's IT.
    It is ok, certainly thanks to mincopier. I have scant and send from the c3003 to a gmail address of our company, but we looked only at the inbox of the scanner account! How stupid is that? . When we looked in the company account, that's where all the "lost" gmails went...
    We didn't full in POP nor IMAP // "2 way authentication" is off // "Access for less secure apps" is on.
    Thank you all for your good help!!!!