Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Re: Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I am not an end user, I have been servicing copiers since 1973. I was asked if I knew how to replace the hard drive in a Ricoh from someone else in the business. He's a tech turned copier salesman and was told that it might need a hard drive by someone else. I asked him for the model number and I would see if I could find out. No good deed goes unpunished. I get a red flag by someone who just couldn't let my lack of Ricoh knowledge go without berating me for not searching in a more generic fashion. I looked at it if there is a different procedure for different models it doesn't do me any good if it's not the same as the C2003 which is why I did the specific model search. I am not always on this site but one thing I have noticed is there are very conflicting suggestions for people having problems and it's hard to figure out which one knows what he's talking about. If I don't get at least 2 or 3 of the same answer then I take it with a grain of salt.
    You got a red card because of your attitude. If as you claim you have been servicing copiers since 1973, you should know by now that any decent independent tech knows that the first step in working on any MFP is to obtain a service manual. You can get one for the MP C2003/2503 from eBay for $15.99. You also could have posted a request in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/ to include your email address and someone might have sent you one free. Also if Drichard wasn't an ahole, he would have given you a green card. Red cards mean that you are a taker. Green cards mean that you are a helper. Helper are more likely to get help than takers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You got a red card because of your attitude. If as you claim you have been servicing copiers since 1973, you should know by now that any decent independent tech knows that the first step in working on any MFP is to obtain a service manual. You can get one for the MP C2003/2503 from eBay for $15.99. You also could have posted a request in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/ to include your email address and someone might have sent you one free. Also if Drichard wasn't an ahole, he would have given you a green card. Red cards mean that you are a taker. Green cards mean that you are a helper. Helper are more likely to get help than takers.
    If this was my customer I would have purchased a manual, but like I stated I was asking this forum a quick question on behalf of someone else.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I am not an end user, I have been servicing copiers since 1973. I was asked if I knew how to replace the hard drive in a Ricoh from someone else in the business. He's a tech turned copier salesman and was told that it might need a hard drive by someone else. I asked him for the model number and I would see if I could find out. No good deed goes unpunished. I get a red flag by someone who just couldn't let my lack of Ricoh knowledge go without berating me for not searching in a more generic fashion. I looked at it if there is a different procedure for different models it doesn't do me any good if it's not the same as the C2003 which is why I did the specific model search. I am not always on this site but one thing I have noticed is there are very conflicting suggestions for people having problems and it's hard to figure out which one knows what he's talking about. If I don't get at least 2 or 3 of the same answer then I take it with a grain of salt.
    We have users on here handing out red cards because they like the power lol

I would find out the issue first hand it may be an error etc not even related to the HDD.

I’m multi vendor trained which does mean ones knowledge becomes “watered down” so I feel your pain.

However in short you can simply fit a HDD with no issues when you power back on you will be asked to format choose yes restart & you’re done.

Some guys on here are using SSD drives no real benefit but thats their choice!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

servicing copiers since 1973.????
    Maybe you need to go back to fixxin electrostatic roll fed copiers.......
    AND YET you cant figure how to search a forum for info??
    really...and i always like hearing i am" doing it for a friend "so you need to help me...

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Basically as an end user you're not supposed to remove any screws.

Replacing the HDD should only done by a trained tech.

However, out of interest why are you looking to replace the drive? do you have a specific issue/error?
    I got a red card for this post this proves my point exactly!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    servicing copiers since 1973.????
    Maybe you need to go back to fixxin electrostatic roll fed copiers.......
    AND YET you cant figure how to search a forum for info??
    really...and i always like hearing i am" doing it for a friend "so you need to help me...
    Maybe you should learn how to spell fixing.

Oh dear you’ll get another red card for that comment no doubt!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Oh dear you’ll get another red card for that comment no doubt!
    Not sufficiently disrespectful to merit a red card. But likely to piss off a few southerners.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not sufficiently disrespectful to merit a red card. But likely to piss off a few southerners.
    Don't you think his comment was disrespectful?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Don't you think his comment was disrespectful?
    No, yours was.