Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Cool Re: Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You got a red card because of your attitude. If as you claim you have been servicing copiers since 1973, you should know by now that any decent independent tech knows that the first step in working on any MFP is to obtain a service manual. You can get one for the MP C2003/2503 from eBay for $15.99. You also could have posted a request in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/ to include your email address and someone might have sent you one free. Also if Drichard wasn't an ahole, he would have given you a green card. Red cards mean that you are a taker. Green cards mean that you are a helper. Helper are more likely to get help than takers.

"... if Drichard wasn't an ahole... " HAHAHAHA! I love to be recognized by a peer...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

WOW. So many of you never even read what I wrote. If you read what I wrote, you would know this was not for a customer of mine so why would I buy a manual for a copier I am not servicing? Most of you probably have the luxury of just ordering what you want to make your job easier since it's not your money you are spending. All you high and mighty techs quit your job and go out on your own and see what the techs that have a pair do with no extra funds to buy manuals for every copier ever made. When it's your money and you are using all your experience to fix problems and you don't have the luxury of throwing up your hands and having your supervisor handle it, then your can criticize me and all the other independents that come to this site. When I was a service manger I would see so many techs just like some of you replace parts even though they didn't think it would solve the problem because they figure a call back is used against them in their evaluations so what the fuck, it's not my money. How many you will be honest with yourself and admit it? I have been on my own since 1987 so don't even go there about maybe I can't handle it. Let's see some of you pussies that hide behind the computer and just criticize others get out of your parents basements and do it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

first you ask about hard drive , then down the road you said was for a friend and he ask you and said let me see what i can do for you. Well we told you to tell him buy the service manual. I buy manuals then charge it back to customer when i go to fix it. that way not out of my pocket but sometimes i lose out but at least i have it for down the road. i consider this a part of my tool bag investment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    first you ask about hard drive , then down the road you said was for a friend and he ask you and said let me see what i can do for you. Well we told you to tell him buy the service manual. I buy manuals then charge it back to customer when i go to fix it. that way not out of my pocket but sometimes i lose out but at least i have it for down the road. i consider this a part of my tool bag investment.
    I can't believe you charge the customer back for a manual and charge them for your service. Maybe in Florida you can get away with that, but I couldn't and wouldn't try to get away with that here. It's not your customer's responsibility to pay for your training.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

you are working on copier that is not under contract. then yes they pay for service and parts. we are an independent copier company so if manual for that brand i have then no but if not and they want if fixed its part of the cost. what training mine is done by the seat of my pants. I have no dealership to call or buddy. I have been at same company for over thirty years and i am the go to guy. I have co workers who rely on me to solve problems that they cant fix. where i work my duties are the following purchaser/shipping/production/IT person/ Support for your co workers/sales and customer service.this happens when you work for a small copier company.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    you are working on copier that is not under contract. then yes they pay for service and parts. we are an independent copier company so if manual for that brand i have then no but if not and they want if fixed its part of the cost. what training mine is done by the seat of my pants. I have no dealership to call or buddy. I have been at same company for over thirty years and i am the go to guy. I have co workers who rely on me to solve problems that they cant fix. where i work my duties are the following purchaser/shipping/production/IT person/ Support for your co workers/sales and customer service.this happens when you work for a small copier company.
    I still don't think your company should charge the a customer for a service manual, that is the responsibility of the dealer. You shouldn't be jacking up a bill to include a service manual just because the customer was the first sap with that model that called you for service. Do you also charge for customer training on new copiers?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I still don't think your company should charge the a customer for a service manual, that is the responsibility of the dealer. You shouldn't be jacking up a bill to include a service manual just because the customer was the first sap with that model that called you for service. Do you also charge for customer training on new copiers?
    jeeez.. are you sure your not a female?

it really doesn't matter what YOU think UNLESS it's your company. When I was with a deal of Epson - Xerox - Oki - KM - HP - Brother, IF my boss to a call on a unit we didn't service/sell, we WOULD charge the Customer, rolling it into service charge.

but once you become a CONTRIBUTOR, and drop the whiny-ass 'tude.. you might see things go more your way.

my ex wife was a bitch but she NEVER carried on like you are.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    jeeez.. are you sure your not a female?
    Sounds more like a liberal snowflake to me. Very easily butt hurt.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sounds more like a liberal snowflake to me. Very easily butt hurt.
    And the difference between the 2 is what exactly

I bet he has hot coco n hot pockets for din din that mommy fixed for him, and then she takes out the trash for him cuz he gets winded eating his din din.Replacing hard drive MP-C2003Replacing hard drive MP-C2003Replacing hard drive MP-C2003Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    We have users on here handing out red cards because they like the power lol
    To right with that! I just copped on with a cheeki lil "STFU Newbie" tag on it. Must of ruffled that lib tards feathers.
    Now watch me cop another one