Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Re: Replacing hard drive MP-C2003

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Just stick the new drive in, it'll be fine.
    WRONG

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Keep that attitude and you are going to start collecting Red Cards.
    well he has gotten his first...

all those posts and no rep power.. I don't really follow anything he has to say.. but from what I've seen not a contributor in any fashion.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Can someone tell me why when I searched replacing MP-C2003 hard drive nothing came up? Why didn't any post with the words replacing hard drive come up? I just did a search replacing hard drive and a lot came up so I started to read through a few and it raised more questions. I also see so many contributors with conflicting advice, so how does someone who is not that familiar with Ricoh supposed to know who is giving the right info?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Can someone tell me why when I searched replacing MP-C2003 hard drive nothing came up? Why didn't any post with the words replacing hard drive come up? I just did a search replacing hard drive and a lot came up so I started to read through a few and it raised more questions. I also see so many contributors with conflicting advice, so how does someone who is not that familiar with Ricoh supposed to know who is giving the right info?
    Basically as an end user you're not supposed to remove any screws.

Replacing the HDD should only done by a trained tech.

However, out of interest why are you looking to replace the drive? do you have a specific issue/error?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Also be aware you will lose any documents stored in document server.
    and also anything stored in the address book.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

However, out of interest why are you looking to replace the drive? do you have a specific issue/error?

My guess would be he ordered a used machine from a wholesaler with the HDD removed (as some of them like to do). We've ordered a couple wholesale machines at our dealership too... usually to replace a MUCH older machine for a customer on a really tight budget.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

I am not an end user, I have been servicing copiers since 1973. I was asked if I knew how to replace the hard drive in a Ricoh from someone else in the business. He's a tech turned copier salesman and was told that it might need a hard drive by someone else. I asked him for the model number and I would see if I could find out. No good deed goes unpunished. I get a red flag by someone who just couldn't let my lack of Ricoh knowledge go without berating me for not searching in a more generic fashion. I looked at it if there is a different procedure for different models it doesn't do me any good if it's not the same as the C2003 which is why I did the specific model search. I am not always on this site but one thing I have noticed is there are very conflicting suggestions for people having problems and it's hard to figure out which one knows what he's talking about. If I don't get at least 2 or 3 of the same answer then I take it with a grain of salt.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I am not an end user, I have been servicing copiers since 1973. I was asked if I knew how to replace the hard drive in a Ricoh from someone else in the business. He's a tech turned copier salesman and was told that it might need a hard drive by someone else. I asked him for the model number and I would see if I could find out. No good deed goes unpunished. I get a red flag by someone who just couldn't let my lack of Ricoh knowledge go without berating me for not searching in a more generic fashion. I looked at it if there is a different procedure for different models it doesn't do me any good if it's not the same as the C2003 which is why I did the specific model search. I am not always on this site but one thing I have noticed is there are very conflicting suggestions for people having problems and it's hard to figure out which one knows what he's talking about. If I don't get at least 2 or 3 of the same answer then I take it with a grain of salt.
    Consider it your "Red Badge of Courage" and wear it proudly! It'll be a great story to tell at The Nerd Bar. Besides, anyone can kiss a$$ and collect green cards.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

if you buy service manual it will tell you how to replace it along what needs to be done afterwards. that person will need it anyway to service copier down the road.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    if you buy service manual it will tell you how to replace it along what needs to be done afterwards. that person will need it anyway to service copier down the road.
    I would like to start doing Ricoh but parts are so damn expensive. I can get Canon, Kyocera and Sharp easily enough but no contacts for Ricoh copiers.