Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: ricoh 3350 network ps hangs at 256kb, prints ps via usb & pcl via network

Why do you have to have PS output? if PCL works fine use that.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Hi,

I face this issue in MPC2051. Prints slow on PS over the network but prints fine on USB. When I used PCL5 or PCL6, everything works just fine.
    You might want to try reducing the network security level to "0" and try again.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    Hi,

I face this issue in MPC2051. Prints slow on PS over the network but prints fine on USB. When I used PCL5 or PCL6, everything works just fine.
    You might want to try reducing the network security level to "0" and try again.
    that is the situation im in. there is no local network security other than windows 10's defender, or are you speaking of a setting in the ricoh?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Why do you have to have PS output? if PCL works fine use that.
    screenprint screen development need the dots for gradients that postscript produces, which is why i bought the $$$$ ricoh with the $$$ postscript sd addon card for the ricoh.

i have multiple computers that need to print postscript, so usb is out as an option

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Is this happening from only a single PC/ laptop or multiple units?
    Have you tried connecting over both wi-fi and hard-wired?
    Have you tried connecting a laptop/pc directly to the machine ethernet port to remove your network from the equation?
    multiple PCs, same issue:
    pcl6 over tcp/ip IPv4 wired (or wifi) network - works
    pcl6 over usb - works
    postscript over usb - works
    postscript over tcp/ip IPv4 wired network (or wifi) - unusably slow, taking 5+ hours to print.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh 3350 network ps hangs at 256kb, prints ps via usb & pcl via network

Quote Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post
    i have multiple computers that need to print postscript, so usb is out as an option
    Actually you can share a USB printer over a network.
    It may not be ideal, but maybe that's your solution

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh 3350 network ps hangs at 256kb, prints ps via usb & pcl via network

Try connecting your laptop direct to the Ricoh device with a cat 5e patch cable, to eliminate the network, just for troubleshooting. Also, have you tried locking the network speed to 100 instead of auto? Also as usual, it wouldn't hurt to have all of the firmware updated to current versions.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Enable gb network, is my best guess. Got this a couple of times, some switch malfunction causing this.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Actually you can share a USB printer over a network.
    It may not be ideal, but maybe that's your solution
    it would be nuts if built in network couldnt be sorted out as pcl6 works over network, but i will test that as a fallback, great suggestion. hopefully a usb print hub will work so i dont have to dedicate a computer in the print room.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Try connecting your laptop direct to the Ricoh device with a cat 5e patch cable, to eliminate the network, just for troubleshooting. Also, have you tried locking the network speed to 100 instead of auto? Also as usual, it wouldn't hurt to have all of the firmware updated to current versions.
    theres only 1 switch (unmanaged), but i will test bypassing it to be thorough.

i have not yet tried locking the ricoh to 100. good suggestion, will update on results soon.

i have not found where to get firmware updates for this ricoh aficio MP 3350. its a D020 with many addons (dont have the list in front of me at the moment), any suggestions there?