Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: ricoh 3350 network ps hangs at 256kb, prints ps via usb & pcl via network

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Enable gb network, is my best guess. Got this a couple of times, some switch malfunction causing this.
    the ricoh is only 10/100, but your suggestion lines up with @anothertech 's suggestion of bypassing local network with a patch cable and testing. will post updates once ive tested.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh 3350 network ps hangs at 256kb, prints ps via usb & pcl via network

where did you get the print driver from? where did you get the ps sd card from? are you sure the sd card is a good one?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    where did you get the print driver from? where did you get the ps sd card from? are you sure the sd card is a good one?
    printer driver came from ricoh website.
    sd card is an official one with the foil seal from adobe. it tested ok and postscript does work perfectly over usb.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post
    that is the situation im in. there is no local network security other than windows 10's defender, or are you speaking of a setting in the ricoh?
    It is a setting on Ricoh. In administrator tools, enable admin authentication first so you can change the settings of Network Security Level.
    Adjust it to 0 and try
    Aye! Cut the crap

Disable SSDP protocol

Technician

update on tests and what had to be done to get things working 100%:
    tested with direct crossover cable - didnt connect, i may have well missed some tcp/ip setting on the pc.
    tested with other network switch (non-gigabit) - no improvement.
    apparently I had changed the ricoh to specifically '100mbps full duplex only' in the past.

what works, symptoms during, etc:..
    i found that if the machine cold-started:
    -with the Ricoh's NIC set to '100mbps full duplex only' - the postscript over network slowdown occurs.
    -with the NIC set to '100mbps full duplex only', but then changed NIC to 'auto select', and thereafter changed the NIC back to '100mbps full duplex only' - the postscript over network slowdown did not happen (until the next power off/on).
    -with the NIC set to 'auto select' - the postscript over network slowdown did not happen.

so the solution to the main problem was changing the NIC in the Ricoh to 'auto select' instead of '100mbps full duplex only'. Again, I am running a gigabit local network, and the Ricoh NIC max speed is 100mbps.
    additional glitch fixed afterwards: windows 10 would erroneously show the machine as offline, or would be slow to pull up printer 'device settings'. In port configuration on the PCs i disabled SNMPv1 and those issues went away.

Thanks to all for the feedback in working this out. I still have interest in performing firmware upgrades to the machine, if anyone can provide direction on how to obtain those.