Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh Pro 8100 with Plockmatic 350

This post is really just concerning The Plockmatic 350 trimmer knife removal, Does anyone know if it is normal for the lower blade to have a slightly beveled edge where it it meets the upper blade at the cut point? Need to know if that is normal or can I flip it to the opposite side if that is where it has been worn over time? I removed both blades for the first time and taking them to be sharpened...Also is it necessary to do anything with the lower blade as far as sharpening or polishing goes? T.I.A......Free-coh

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro 8100 with Plockmatic 350

Re: Ricoh Pro 8100 with Plockmatic 350

If either blade has been worn from usage, I would recommend replacing as a set. Anything else could effect the blade timing. Be sure to follow the replacement instructions in the service manual. Pay particular attention to any and all safety precautions. You don't want to be amputating a finger or two.

Re: Ricoh Pro 8100 with Plockmatic 350

Quote Originally Posted by Free-coh View Post
    This post is really just concerning The Plockmatic 350 trimmer knife removal, Does anyone know if it is normal for the lower blade to have a slightly beveled edge where it it meets the upper blade at the cut point? Need to know if that is normal or can I flip it to the opposite side if that is where it has been worn over time? I removed both blades for the first time and taking them to be sharpened...Also is it necessary to do anything with the lower blade as far as sharpening or polishing goes? T.I.A......Free-coh

Send to out and have it sharpened. Its good for at least 2 or 3 times.