Ricoh MP C300 (Printing problem from PC)

Hello everyone...
    I brought an used MP C300, and I can not connected it to PC via usb cable , I have tried several usb cables and the PC can not read it, and also can not connect via Ethernet cable ( the lamp is orange not green after all settings input is right, IP address, subnet, ... ect )
    I tried SP5985.001 On board NIC ( Marked 1 )
    on board USB ( Marked 1 )

And I have noticed that on the printer screen in the left side ( cannot install this software. This software has already installed on another machine )
    I have attached a pic shown that

I need help please so I can be able to print from the computer.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C300 (Printing problem from PC)

The error message is most likely a post script sd card that was installed on the controller. If it came from another machine it will produce this error.

As for the printing. Check the ethernet port. I have had it before that it was damaged by someone inserting a usb cable into the slot and bending all the ethernet contact pins out of position.

If you can access service mode try resetting the settings under memory clear for prt, mirs, ics, ucsc and anything that looks remotely like network.

It used to help on mp171sp with usb issues.

If the pins are not bent on the ethernet port, access control range maybe turned on, which will cause devices outside the set range not being able to "see" or connect to your printer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

Thank you so much for helping me
    The error message is most likely a post script sd card that was installed on the controller. If it came from another machine it will produce this error.

I will check the Ethernet port
    As for the printing. Check the ethernet port. I have had it before that it was damaged by someone inserting a usb cable into the slot and bending all the ethernet contact pins out of position.

Can you please tell me how to do that? I mean which SP code to do that?
    And if I did that will not cause the settings for use the machine as a copier and print from flash memory as I do now?
    If you can access service mode try resetting the settings under memory clear for prt, mirs, ics, ucsc and anything that looks remotely like network.

How can I do and check that? which SP code? and if range is on do I have to make it off?
    If the pins are not bent on the ethernet port, access control range maybe turned on, which will cause devices outside the set range not being able to "see" or connect to your printer.

I appreciate your help so much
    Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMalak View Post
    Thank you so much for helping me

And if I did that will not cause the settings for use the machine as a copier and print from flash memory as I do now?

How can I do and check that? which SP code? and if range is on do I have to make it off?

I appreciate your help so much
    Thank you

Shine a torch light into the port. Check for bent pins and that they are all in their correct slots.

It is sp 5-810 if I remember correctly... If you clear the ones i suggested (NOT memory ALL clear!), it will not affect anything else.

Print a printer config page. The access control range will be displayed towards the bottom half of the report.
    You can cancell the range with a cross over cable and a laptop. Connect to the printer using an ip address that is in the range of access control. Then access the web image monitor, and clear the range there.

Press the GREEN button!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

USB printing, check SP 5985-002. It should be 1. Also make sure you are using the correct USB jack on the back of the C300. One is for connecting a digital camera only.

As far as the ethernet, check SP 5985-001 and interface settings i n User Tools. If IEEE 802.11 has been turned on, it is either configures for Ricoh's over priced POS wifi interface or for a couple of high end network authentication methods. Either way the CAT 5 jack will not function. The color of the network LED is insignificant as one of them indicates activity and is normally orange. The other indicates speed, orange for 10MB and green for 100MB.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The "cannot install this software" message may be a security encryption unit card pulled from a different machine. Or a PostScript card pulled from another machine. Shouldn't affect printing and internet connectivity though.

In user tools go to "system settings" --> "interface settings" --> make sure that WINS and IPv6 are turned off/ disabled. Then go to page 2 or 3 of interface settings and hit "Restore IEEE.80 to defaults".

If that doesn't get you working, then I would go into SP mode --> go to SP 5-801-008/ 009/010/ 011 and execute those. Restart machine, re-enter network settings, or set to Auto Obtain DHCP, and then see if that gets you going.

Thank you so much guys for helping me
    I got my machine back to work
    SP5801, Clear all memory, and everything worked fine now

Now I want to ask about refill toner , because the orignal Ricoh toner is expensive
    Can I refill with OEM toner called (Raven Toner) ?

And about the Chip, can refill before the cartridge getting empty? or do I have to wait until it get empty?

Thank you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

toner refill isn't worth the hassle. causes more issues in the long run. spend the extra bucks and get a ricoh toner.